2017 Pre-OCI Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:cb with PW on 7/14, and still haven't heard anything. A recruitment assistant mentioned to me that I should hear back in about a week. Anyone else in the same situation? Is this not a good sign?
I'm in the same situation. Not sure what to make of it. Some people who interviewed around that time have already reported getting dinged. I don't see why they would just trickle those out, so it seems like maybe no news is good news? not sure what the delay is all about though. any ideas?
The previous PW 7/14 cb anon here. I was relatively optimistic until I searched on this forum and found that in previous years PW cb -> offer turnaround time was pretty short, like within 3-5 days. Maybe those in the PW ding group yesterday interviewed for a different practice group compared to us, and each practice group has its own way of sending out dings?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:cb with PW on 7/14, and still haven't heard anything. A recruitment assistant mentioned to me that I should hear back in about a week. Anyone else in the same situation? Is this not a good sign?
I'm in the same situation. Not sure what to make of it. Some people who interviewed around that time have already reported getting dinged. I don't see why they would just trickle those out, so it seems like maybe no news is good news? not sure what the delay is all about though. any ideas?
The previous PW 7/14 cb anon here. I was relatively optimistic until I searched on this forum and found that in previous years PW cb -> offer turnaround time was pretty short, like within 3-5 days. Maybe those in the PW ding group yesterday interviewed for a different practice group compared to us, and each practice group has its own way of sending out dings?
Third anon with same cb date and nothing yet. Maybe they forgot about us.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
second anon here. I was feeling optimistic as well. Now just confused. A week seemed to be the normal timeline, so I was hoping to get a call last thurs/fri. I doubt they have different ways of hiring and dinging people. People who interviewed after us have gotten offers. I don't know if they have some kind of waitlist?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:PW ding earlier today, interviewed Thursday the 13th.

Anyone hear anything on Debevoise recently?
Debevoise NY offer last week.
Timeline pls?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm

What are people doing about offer calls? I've been letting them go to voicemail and then following up with a thank you email. That ok?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are people doing about offer calls? I've been letting them go to voicemail and then following up with a thank you email. That ok?
My experience has been that folks won't give the offer in a VM (I thought that was the norm?) and just say "please call me back." But if they're making the offer in the VM then thank you email sounds fine...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote: second anon here. I was feeling optimistic as well. Now just confused. A week seemed to be the normal timeline, so I was hoping to get a call last thurs/fri. I doubt they have different ways of hiring and dinging people. People who interviewed after us have gotten offers. I don't know if they have some kind of waitlist?
Honestly, it's all tea leaves at this point so not really anything we can do other than keep grinding for a job and wait

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Has anyone heard from Covington (NY/DC)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Another previous anon with 7/14 PW CB. Still waiting as well. Maybe a round of rejections will come out soon?
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?
Kirkland NYC offer
Latham LA offer
Congrats! When was your callback? Would you mind sharing your stats?
Anything from Chicago?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Any offers from Skadden DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from Skadden DC?
Dinged today from them

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Dinged today from them
When was CB? Did you receive it via email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Latham DC ding after CB last week.

Two dings in two days. No better way to boost my confidence going into OCI than two solid rejections.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Dinged today from them
When was CB? Did you receive it via email?
No cb, just ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Latham DC ding after CB last week.

Two dings in two days. No better way to boost my confidence going into OCI than two solid rejections.
Keep at it anon. Stay positive and confident. Take advantage of having this experience before OCI - meet with career services for a mock interview, do a mock interview with an upperclassmen who is still in your law school city, refine your "stock" answers, probe for better questions. You got this!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 pm

DPW offer ~2 weeks after CB so keep the faith waiters!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DPW offer ~2 weeks after CB so keep the faith waiters!
Big cong! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Latham - Houston is doing pre-oci interviews this week and next, not sure when/if offers will go out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
second anon here. I was feeling optimistic as well. Now just confused. A week seemed to be the normal timeline, so I was hoping to get a call last thurs/fri. I doubt they have different ways of hiring and dinging people. People who interviewed after us have gotten offers. I don't know if they have some kind of waitlist?

Not sure if helpful, but I interviewed 7/19 and received an offer yesterday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:Latham - Houston is doing pre-oci interviews this week and next, not sure when/if offers will go out.
Pretty sure this is part of Regional OCI hiring programming

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 am

Any more STB (NY) news from people?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any more STB (NY) news from people?
Had a screener two weeks ago and was told that they would get back to me with a decision on my candidacy after my school's OCI. Thought this was strange - seems like the kind of thing they would tell someone after a CB, no?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Had a screener two weeks ago and was told that they would get back to me with a decision on my candidacy after my school's OCI. Thought this was strange - seems like the kind of thing they would tell someone after a CB, no?
Same situation, I read it as a ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Same situation, I read it as a ding
Had the same feeling, but why not just ding us now?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”