2017 Pre-OCI Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Weil CB from screener, heard a couple hours after the initial interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil CB from screener, heard a couple hours after the initial interview.
Congrats! May I know how long does it take to hear back from them after sending out the applications? And did u just apply through their online system?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Weil CB from screener, heard a couple hours after the initial interview.
Congrats! May I know how long does it take to hear back from them after sending out the applications? And did u just apply through their online system?
Not OP but I emailed the recruiting contact and heard back about a screener ~2 weeks later

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Latham DC is making offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

S&C NY CB, no screener

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:S&C NY CB, no screener
May I know when did you send your app and how long does it take to hear back?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:01 pm

More importantly for that S&C callback...stats?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:S&C NY CB, no screener
Top 5% lower T14. More than a week to hear back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Anyone have advice on what timeline is appropriate for submitting expense reimbursements from callbacks?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have advice on what timeline is appropriate for submitting expense reimbursements from callbacks?
No reason not to send them immediately.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:54 pm

any new round of offers from STB yet? (putting aside what they said about not giving out offers until after OCI)

my callback was on 7/11, so seems like I interviewed right around the time the last wave of offers was rolled out.

do we have a sense of when the hiring committee would meet again?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:any new round of offers from STB yet? (putting aside what they said about not giving out offers until after OCI)

my callback was on 7/11, so seems like I interviewed right around the time the last wave of offers was rolled out.

do we have a sense of when the hiring committee would meet again?
I had a callback for a non-NY office this week and heard 5-7 business days, not sure how broadly applicable that is though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:01 am

Cravath callback to offer/ding timing? any on the spot offers?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:10 am

Anyone hear a ding from DPW yet after CB? Trying to figure out timeline/ how the hiring committee works.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Ding from Gibson Dunn DC

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Have a CB tomorrow and one of the partners I'm interviewing with was also the partner who did my screener. Is this normal? If so, what's the logic behind repeat interviewing?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have a CB tomorrow and one of the partners I'm interviewing with was also the partner who did my screener. Is this normal? If so, what's the logic behind repeat interviewing?
Not abnormal I think. I met with one of the associates I did a screener with again at call back. They probably want more time to talk to you, since screener is so short.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 pm

I have an interview coming up, but I didn't receive any information about who I'm interviewing with, how long it is anticipated to be, where to go when I get to the firm, etc. Is it proper to send an email asking for some/all of this info?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an interview coming up, but I didn't receive any information about who I'm interviewing with, how long it is anticipated to be, where to go when I get to the firm, etc. Is it proper to send an email asking for some/all of this info?
Sure, just word it as "is there anything else I should know in advance of my interview?"

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have an interview coming up, but I didn't receive any information about who I'm interviewing with, how long it is anticipated to be, where to go when I get to the firm, etc. Is it proper to send an email asking for some/all of this info?
Sure, just word it as "is there anything else I should know in advance of my interview?"
Generally you get this info a day or two before the interview. I'd probably hold off on sending anything until noonish the day before.

Rh1no

New

Post by Rh1no » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lurker816 wrote:do we have a consensus on thank yous for callbacks

ugh i dunno. i always thought the consensus was none, but then someone above said to do it. I did it for one so far and got an offer, didn't do it for another and haven't heard back. i don't think that means anything, but now I'm doing them. I'm trying to make them as least boilerplate as possible, which is taking a while...
My impression has been that thank-you notes don't matter at all because by the time you write them, the attorney has already filled out your evaluation. However, I would strongly caution the "what can it do to benefit me?" mindset. Sometimes we do things for other people, not because it will result in a tangible benefit to ourselves, (or our job prospects), but simply because it is the right thing to do. I feel this way about thank-you notes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Rh1no wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

ugh i dunno. i always thought the consensus was none, but then someone above said to do it. I did it for one so far and got an offer, didn't do it for another and haven't heard back. i don't think that means anything, but now I'm doing them. I'm trying to make them as least boilerplate as possible, which is taking a while...
My impression has been that thank-you notes don't matter at all because by the time you write them, the attorney has already filled out your evaluation. However, I would strongly caution the "what can it do to benefit me?" mindset. Sometimes we do things for other people, not because it will result in a tangible benefit to ourselves, (or our job prospects), but simply because it is the right thing to do. I feel this way about thank-you notes.
Adding on to this, I think the general politeness aspect is particularly worth considering if you're interviewing in a small secondary market. Even if you don't get the job, it's always great to build professional relationships (and even more so in a small market where you're likely to bump into each other in the future). I was pleasantly surprised by the number of very friendly/open responses I received from attorneys to whom I've sent thank-you notes :D

lurker816

Bronze

Post by lurker816 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am

lebongenre wrote:
Rh1no wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Adding on to this, I think the general politeness aspect is particularly worth considering if you're interviewing in a small secondary market. Even if you don't get the job, it's always great to build professional relationships (and even more so in a small market where you're likely to bump into each other in the future). I was pleasantly surprised by the number of very friendly/open responses I received from attorneys to whom I've sent thank-you notes :D
yep, fwiw i did it and got a very kind, immediate response from one of the people I interviewed with. just wasn't sure b/c the night prior someone in recruiting at another firm explicitly said not to, but i think he was referring more to oci screeners.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Has anyone who interviewed with Paul, Weiss (NY) last Thursday/Friday heard back?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who interviewed with Paul, Weiss (NY) last Thursday/Friday heard back?
Same boat. Nope.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”