How important are specialized Professional Responsibility classes to public interest employers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How important are specialized Professional Responsibility classes to public interest employers?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:16 am

i.e. Will PI employers care if I take a generic PR class over "PR in the Criminal Law" or "PR in Public Interest Practice"? I can take one of the latter two, but the time slots for both are awful. Just wondering if the marginal benefits might be worth it.

blueapple

Silver

Re: How important are specialized Professional Responsibility classes to public interest employers?

Post by blueapple » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:i.e. Will PI employers care if I take a generic PR class over "PR in the Criminal Law" or "PR in Public Interest Practice"? I can take one of the latter two, but the time slots for both are awful. Just wondering if the marginal benefits might be worth it.
It won't matter.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grixxlybear99

Bronze

Re: How important are specialized Professional Responsibility classes to public interest employers?

Post by grixxlybear99 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

Highly. Ive been asked about this in every interview Ive ever had. /thread

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:01 am

grixxlybear99 wrote:Highly. Ive been asked about this in every interview Ive ever had. /thread
Lol.

No, they won't care.

Fireworks2016

Bronze

Post by Fireworks2016 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

Of all the things that don't matter, this might not matter the most

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 am

OP here

Thank you. That's what I thought. I've just heard several hiring directors say they look closely at course selection and wondered if maybe PR courses were some secret litmus test.

Barrred

Bronze

Post by Barrred » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here

Thank you. That's what I thought. I've just heard several hiring directors say they look closely at course selection and wondered if maybe PR courses were some secret litmus test.
What they mean is that they don't want to see you taking entirely business-law classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”