2017 Texas OCI (UT/SMU/Baylor/UH + Others) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2017 Texas OCI (UT/SMU/Baylor/UH + Others)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:56 am

So it has been over a month since my callback, and I sent an email following up with recruiting three days ago. Is there any point in following up a second time next week, or should I just mark this off the list and move on? One of the partners did tell me that their recruiting process takes a while- but this is way past that. I at least want to know if i've been dinged.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So it has been over a month since my callback, and I sent an email following up with recruiting three days ago. Is there any point in following up a second time next week, or should I just mark this off the list and move on? One of the partners did tell me that their recruiting process takes a while- but this is way past that. I at least want to know if i've been dinged.
At this point not really, no. You don't want to be emailing the recruiter twice, especially not so close to the first time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Did anyone ever screener or CB with baker donelson? I heard absolutely nothing after my screener, assuming that it is a rejection. Just curious.

Right2BearArms

Bronze

Post by Right2BearArms » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone ever screener or CB with baker donelson? I heard absolutely nothing after my screener, assuming that it is a rejection. Just curious.
Baker Donelson has an office in Texas?

I know that is not helpful. To answer your question, if it has been more than 2 weeks after a screener, its almost certainly a ding. Probable that the non-call back matters got forgotten due to the storm, or it was a simple oversight.

I had 2-3 firms never respond either way when I went through OCI, some even after a CB, so it happens.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”