Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DOL: For those who have not received a "continued interest inquiry", have any of you recently been dinged? I have not received the inquiry and one of my classmates has. However, I have recently received an email response to my last resume update that essentially said it was appreciated and updates will be provided when available. My classmate had not reached out to the interviewer prior but has the "continued interest inquiry." All things considered, I am not sure how to take this response. I feel as though they would have told me if I was no longer under consideration, I know some folks have been dinged previously, but maybe that is naive of me. Could there be a different routine depending on if you're under consideration for a regional office as opposed to the national one (had expressed a strong interest in litigation in the OCI)? Can anyone shed some light on the circumstance?
That’s what I was wondering. I did not receive the continued interest email either, but I have yet to be dinged.
Based on past threads it seems impossible to get an offer without being named a finalist, and given the fact that offers typically come out in mid-December to January it seems unlikely they'll be naming any more finalists, or if they do that they'll name very many at this stage. But this is all just speculation so feel free to ignore me.
Have they told anyone they're a finalist? I thought they only inquired about continued interest and to rank the offices.
That's the DOL version of finalist, or making the first cut. There may be a second round of cuts though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DOL: For those who have not received a "continued interest inquiry", have any of you recently been dinged? I have not received the inquiry and one of my classmates has. However, I have recently received an email response to my last resume update that essentially said it was appreciated and updates will be provided when available. My classmate had not reached out to the interviewer prior but has the "continued interest inquiry." All things considered, I am not sure how to take this response. I feel as though they would have told me if I was no longer under consideration, I know some folks have been dinged previously, but maybe that is naive of me. Could there be a different routine depending on if you're under consideration for a regional office as opposed to the national one (had expressed a strong interest in litigation in the OCI)? Can anyone shed some light on the circumstance?
That’s what I was wondering. I did not receive the continued interest email either, but I have yet to be dinged.
Based on past threads it seems impossible to get an offer without being named a finalist, and given the fact that offers typically come out in mid-December to January it seems unlikely they'll be naming any more finalists, or if they do that they'll name very many at this stage. But this is all just speculation so feel free to ignore me.
Have they told anyone they're a finalist? I thought they only inquired about continued interest and to rank the offices.
That's the DOL version of finalist, or making the first cut. There may be a second round of cuts though.
Is this speculation or do you have a source attesting to this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
All of the past threads.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
All of the past threads.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:58 pm

My law school's career office said something similar to the above poster about finalists with the DOL. Seems like odds are low at this point if you haven't been named a finalist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawstudentCU

New

Post by LawstudentCU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Has anyone heard back from DOT?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Moved from pre-screening to hiring list for USPS honors program. Anyone else see this movement?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: USPS status change. I saw that, but in reverse order. My three USPS apps all started “hiring list”, but now one has moved to “pre screening.” I’m not sure how to interpret that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My law school's career office said something similar to the above poster about finalists with the DOL. Seems like odds are low at this point if you haven't been named a finalist.
Did they say anything about when DOL usually gets back to people? Are we really going to have to wait until the end of the year?!?!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 pm

2015 DOL cycle dates:
DOL HP offer for SOL National Office this afternoon via phone. Good luck everyone!

For posterity:
8/16 - submitted app
9/18 - email to set up phone interview
9/25 - phone interview
11/24 - "under active consideration" email
12/14 - "under consideration for offer" email with request for references
12/17 - phone offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2015 DOL cycle dates:
DOL HP offer for SOL National Office this afternoon via phone. Good luck everyone!

For posterity:
8/16 - submitted app
9/25 - phone interview
12/17 - phone offer
Same poster. Just went back and looked at calendars. I received my active consideration email on 11/21. 11/24/15 and 11/21/17 are both the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. If this year is on the same schedule, we can expect reference requests on 12/11 and offers on 12/14.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2015 DOL cycle dates:

For posterity:
8/16 - submitted app
9/25 - phone interview
12/17 - phone offer
Same poster. Just went back and looked at calendars. I received my active consideration email on 11/21. 11/24/15 and 11/21/17 are both the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. If this year is on the same schedule, we can expect reference requests on 12/11 and offers on 12/14.
Sorry--triple post. 2016 schedule was as follows:

11/14: Active consideration email
Week of 11/28: Reference requests
12/2-12/5: Regional office interview invites
12/8: HQ offer

Active consideration emails went out earlier, but it still follows the ~3 weeks from active consideration to offers schedule.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:21 am

According to the schedules above for DOL, some people should have gotten DOL regional office invitations to interview. Has anyone?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:15 am

I did. My phone interview was with regional and hq at the same time. But no active consideration email

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Re: USPS status change. I saw that, but in reverse order. My three USPS apps all started “hiring list”, but now one has moved to “pre screening.” I’m not sure how to interpret that.
Was it the DC office? That's the only one that's "pre screening" for me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Has anyone heard about second round interviews with NOAA, yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Re: USPS status change. I saw that, but in reverse order. My three USPS apps all started “hiring list”, but now one has moved to “pre screening.” I’m not sure how to interpret that.
Was it the DC office? That's the only one that's "pre screening" for me
Yep. The two regional offices still show "hiring list." It was such a pain to manually input all of my information for this application, but I am grateful that the status box seems quick to update.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard about second round interviews with NOAA, yet?

when were the 1st round interviews?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard about second round interviews with NOAA, yet?

I believe today was the last day of first round interviews. I had a first round interview last week and was told second round offers would be extended very soon. Second round interviews will also be virtual, there was no mention of a third round. They only have two positions, and hope to make tentative offers by the end of December.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Moved from pre-screening to hiring list for USPS honors program. Anyone else see this movement?
Where are you seeing this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Moved from pre-screening to hiring list for USPS honors program. Anyone else see this movement?
Where are you seeing this?
In the "my applications" tab in your USPS career profile

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I believe today was the last day of first round interviews. I had a first round interview last week and was told second round offers would be extended very soon. Second round interviews will also be virtual, there was no mention of a third round. They only have two positions, and hope to make tentative offers by the end of December.
Thanks! Good luck

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks! Good luck

Thank you for the reply! I had a first round interview last week as well. Hopefully we both hear back soon.

Thank being said, my interviewers mentioned there may be a third round of interviewing. They seemed unsure. I was also told that there could be 1-3 offers, hopefully extended by the end of December.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Has anyone who interviewed with FDIC received an offer? I believe they interviewed appx 30 for 2 spots.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Any word on DOL regional office interview invites? They should have come out by now, no?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”