Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ)

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is it safe to assume at this point that if we haven't heard from DOL DC it means we're alternates? Follow-up question: do they typically do all of the reference requests/offers at once for the first round of offers? We have one person on here with an offer - does that mean there are likely 9 others who just aren't posting?
I don't think regional interview requests have been sent out. Thus, there are probably only 4-6 offers out.
Where did you get this 4-6 number from? I guess it's still not a good sign for those of us who haven't had our references requested...
Speculation: There are four offices hiring (one national and three regional). There are a maximum of ten new hires. A vast majority of the positions are for the national office.
I heard there are 10 for DC alone, and that the regionals were an extra 3. I did not hear that DC was only hiring 4-6.
That may be the case but I was told otherwise. At OCI, I was told that there are ten total positions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is it safe to assume at this point that if we haven't heard from DOL DC it means we're alternates? Follow-up question: do they typically do all of the reference requests/offers at once for the first round of offers? We have one person on here with an offer - does that mean there are likely 9 others who just aren't posting?
I don't think regional interview requests have been sent out. Thus, there are probably only 4-6 offers out.
Where did you get this 4-6 number from? I guess it's still not a good sign for those of us who haven't had our references requested...
Speculation: There are four offices hiring (one national and three regional). There are a maximum of ten new hires. A vast majority of the positions are for the national office.
So you believe that all of the DC slots are taken, or at least have offers sent out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
So you believe that all of the DC slots are taken, or at least have offers sent out?
Yes, that is my assumption. Just more speculation, but I think those of us without "no thank you" letters must be alternates or in consideration for regional slots. I can't imagine they would have kept from mass emailed us rejection letters if they were entirely done with hiring. (Folks have reported rejection letters in a few waves thus far)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yes, that is my assumption. Just more speculation, but I think those of us without "no thank you" letters must be alternates or in consideration for regional slots. I can't imagine they would have kept from mass emailed us rejection letters if they were entirely done with hiring. (Folks have reported rejection letters in a few waves thus far)
Sigh...that's really bad news. I wanted DC so bad....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Has anyone that’s “qualified” for the USACE program been contacted by a managing attorney for an interview? And if so, where?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Sigh...that's really bad news. I wanted DC so bad....
No rejection means there is still hope. Fingers crossed...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone that’s “qualified” for the USACE program been contacted by a managing attorney for an interview? And if so, where?
I wasn't even aware there was a point at which people were designated "qualified."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Has anyone heard anything about USPS DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone that’s “qualified” for the USACE program been contacted by a managing attorney for an interview? And if so, where?
From what I have seen, the qualified selections have not gone out yet, or have only gone out in the past couple days. I wouldn’t expect anything until after the holidays.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I wasn't even aware there was a point at which people were designated "qualified."
Qualified is the final list that is sent out to the individual districts for hiring after interviews. Culled from just under 500 applications to about 50 “qualified” candidates this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Anyone hear about DOL regional offices inviting people to interview yet? Anyone else get rejected recently from the honors program as a whole?

Still radio silence....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Just got a rejection email from NOAA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a rejection email from NOAA.
I did as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear about DOL regional offices inviting people to interview yet? Anyone else get rejected recently from the honors program as a whole?

Still radio silence....

I have not received a rejection or regional invite. Looks like those happened on Christmas Eve., last year. Thus, I think we will all likely have an idea of where we stand come this time next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear about DOL regional offices inviting people to interview yet? Anyone else get rejected recently from the honors program as a whole?

Still radio silence....

I have not received a rejection or regional invite. Looks like those happened on Christmas Eve., last year. Thus, I think we will all likely have an idea of where we stand come this time next week.
Are you saying that rejections tend to come out Christmas Eve too? I guess it could be the last of them to come out -- some people have already gotten rejections, apparently.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Still radio silence....

Are you saying that rejections tend to come out Christmas Eve too? I guess it could be the last of them to come out -- some people have already gotten rejections, apparently.
Speculation but that's my guess. Looks like there have been a few waves of rejections. In previous years, people posted about interview offers and rejections on Christmas Eve.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:53 am

Did anyone hear from DOL regional tonight?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear from DOL regional tonight?
I did not. Don't think anyone was working this weekend (or any weekend, for that matter).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I did as well.
Does this mean there's hope if I haven't heard back from NOAA yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I did as well.
Second round interview was last week, haven't heard back yet, but they said this week they would make decisions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I did as well.
Second round interview was last week, haven't heard back yet, but they said this week they would make decisions.
Has anyone not had a second interview but also not recieved a rejection email? Wondering if they are behind (or finished) interviewing for the next round, and if rejections are expected to come soon. Have those who had a second interview found out if they moved to the next round or not? (Is there even a next round? Another poster mentioned something about there only being the first interview and a final interview). Alas, the trend seems that these government honors programs seem to be very behind and/or slow with updating. Just a little lost with where they are in the process, any info would be great, thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Have any DOL regional offices done second round interviews yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any DOL regional offices done second round interviews yet?
I wasn’t aware they’ve done any first round interviews

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have any DOL regional offices done second round interviews yet?
I wasn’t aware they’ve done any first round interviews
Are we assuming all DOL HQ offers have been sent out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Accepted an offer with IRS.

First interview (OCI): Sept 13
Got a call from interviewer asking if I was still interested: Dec 5
Got a call from another person to schedule second interview: Dec 19
Second interview: Dec 21
Offer made via phone: Dec 22

For those of you still waiting to hear back, it can literally take months, so keep your spirits high! Good luck to all!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”