Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on DOL regional office interview invites? They should have come out by now, no?
Closer to Christmas seems to be the norm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 pm

But the main office typically sends out offers in the middle of December, no?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Has anyone who interviewed with DHS heard back or know when offers will be going out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who interviewed with DHS heard back or know when offers will be going out?
I think decisions are usually around the 15th? I had to withdraw my app, but I did get a request for references about a week after my interview. IDK if that's helpful, but I think that might be some indication of making it to the final pool.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who interviewed with DHS heard back or know when offers will be going out?
I think decisions are usually around the 15th? I had to withdraw my app, but I did get a request for references about a week after my interview. IDK if that's helpful, but I think that might be some indication of making it to the final pool.
Did you get the request for references after your phone interview or in person interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Did you get the request for references after your phone interview or in person interview?
after the in person one

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
after the in person one
gotcha. thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: The structural change of the CFPB is definitely inevitable. Especially when one considers PHH, politics ect. While I do not foresee the CFPB going anywhere anytime soon, I definitely foresee some change. I am wondering what impact this will have on the Honors Attorney program? I interviewed with the Bureau in early November and then a few days later I was asked for a legal writing sample (which I hope is a good sign). I have not heard anything else since then. I was under the impression that offers would be made the week before or after "Thanksgiving" but these new developments.... wow....
Anyone have information/updates on the impact of the freeze? Curious also
People without formal offers are f***ed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 pm

So this is the week we're likely to hear offers from DOL Washington office, right? Probably Thursday or Friday?? How are the finalists feeling?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So this is the week we're likely to hear offers from DOL Washington office, right? Probably Thursday or Friday?? How are the finalists feeling?
Like I want to rip my hair out

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So this is the week we're likely to hear offers from DOL Washington office, right? Probably Thursday or Friday?? How are the finalists feeling?
Lol. I feel the same. Let's pray we both get some good news....and soon....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I get freaked out just seeing a new post in here! Reference requests should come tomorrow or Wednesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I get freaked out just seeing a new post in here! Reference requests should come tomorrow or Wednesday.
Are you sure? I had heard from someone that they sometimes don't even check references.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:21 pm

They have for the past two years, according to the data points we have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Anyone get reference requests yet for DOL?! I haven't and I'm starting to get pretty nervous....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get reference requests yet for DOL?! I haven't and I'm starting to get pretty nervous....
I think it is still far too early.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get reference requests yet for DOL?! I haven't and I'm starting to get pretty nervous....
Really? People on here have been saying this is the week. They base it off of past years when they take the date of finalist designations and add 3 weeks. You think it'll be nearer to Christmas? What are you basing that on?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:29 pm

FWIW, I know some people at school who received rejections from DoL this morning.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Really? People on here have been saying this is the week. They base it off of past years when they take the date of finalist designations and add 3 weeks. You think it'll be nearer to Christmas? What are you basing that on?
My screener (OCI) was hesitant to say we'd hear anything before January 1st. They said the Department always shoots for a date in December but it almost never happens (Reference requests are right before offers). They then said that it could even be later in the spring when we have a final answer. They said that they personally didn't have an offer until early summer but that was an extreme instance with circumstances that aren't applicable in this current cycle.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, I know some people at school who received rejections from DoL this morning.
Deets plz, if you've got 'em. Did they get the finalist email? Did rejection come via email or postal mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:51 pm

I got an email from DOL requesting references this morning. I had also gotten the "active consideration" email a few weeks ago.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FWIW, I know some people at school who received rejections from DoL this morning.
Deets plz, if you've got 'em. Did they get the finalist email? Did rejection come via email or postal mail?
I don't know if they got a finalist email (frankly, I don't really want to ask... seeing as it's probably a sensitive situation), but I know they received emails.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't know if they got a finalist email (frankly, I don't really want to ask... seeing as it's probably a sensitive situation), but I know they received emails.
This is perplexing! I never got the "continued interest inquiry" (AKA "finalist") email. I also didn't get a references request. However, I have never received a rejection via email or snail mail (knock on wood). I really wish there was more transparency in this process. A website, like some of the other Federal offices use, would be a huge step forward. Maybe even incorporate a status page like LSAC/Individual schools had.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I got an email from DOL requesting references this morning. I had also gotten the "active consideration" email a few weeks ago.
Well then I guess it’s on and it’s happening this week. Here’s hoping they’re not done.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Well then I guess it’s on and it’s happening this week. Here’s hoping they’re not done.
Agreed. I received the active consideration email, but haven’t been asked for references (*yet*). Anyone else hear anything from DOT or for the Attorney Advisor positions with HHS and USITC?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”