Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
globetrotter659

New

Re: Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ)

Post by globetrotter659 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Only complaint so far is that I have no idea how i’ll ever be able to buy a house/condo in DC on a GS13/14 salary.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:32 pm

globetrotter659 wrote:Only complaint so far is that I have no idea how i’ll ever be able to buy a house/condo in DC on a GS13/14 salary.
With an SO

UMLawStudent0018

New

Post by UMLawStudent0018 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:42 pm

I recently accepted an Honors Attorney position with the FCC. It sounds like they are still in the process of making offers - if you are still waiting to hear back, do not lose hope!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 am

Congrats! Still hoping for the best...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Well, I sent an email asking for an update but received nothing and now it's a week since the post about having accepted an offer. I would say that it's probably time to move on!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 pm

How long does it take for the FCC to make all the offers? Is there a wait list if someone decides not to take it? Seems like a long time to keep people hanging.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Has anyone qualified for USACE heard anything from the district level? Not sure how much longer I can wait. Will need to have employment secured soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone qualified for USACE heard anything from the district level? Not sure how much longer I can wait. Will need to have employment secured soon.
I heard from one of the Mississippi valley district offices. I don't know which districts you put down but after talking with others it sounds like the offices that really need people are in smaller cities, so if you listed only major cities then your chances are slightly lower. That said, someone early on in the process told me usace will be hiring HP attorneys until at least October. So it is still possible to be contacted. It is all dependent on if a position opens up at one of the offices you listed. (The one that contacted me has an attorney leaving in June, so it is directly related.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone qualified for USACE heard anything from the district level? Not sure how much longer I can wait. Will need to have employment secured soon.
I heard from one of the Mississippi valley district offices. I don't know which districts you put down but after talking with others it sounds like the offices that really need people are in smaller cities, so if you listed only major cities then your chances are slightly lower. That said, someone early on in the process told me usace will be hiring HP attorneys until at least October. So it is still possible to be contacted. It is all dependent on if a position opens up at one of the offices you listed. (The one that contacted me has an attorney leaving in June, so it is directly related.)
I was "unofficially offered" for the New Orleans office but turned it down (last month). Yesterday I was contacted from the San Francisco office for an interview. Again turned it down (just accepted a state job).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Is anyone familiar with the FCC process? Do they make all offers at once and then wait for a reply and then do a second round, etc.? I have moved on but having an interview and then not hearing anything, it just seems like they should have sent rejections by now. But maybe these agencies don't do that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I was "unofficially offered" for the New Orleans office but turned it down (last month). Yesterday I was contacted from the San Francisco office for an interview. Again turned it down (just accepted a state job).

Interviewed with a southeast district office in April, and was officially offered the job in May (I believe 3 candidates interviewed). I went to law school nearby and fit the specialization that they needed, but that was the only district I heard from - I originally put down almost all cities except those in the midwest. If you did not list many preferences, I recommend contacting DC and asking if you can edit your district preferences to expand your options (they actually called me before sending out the lists to ask me again if I wanted to list the office I am now going to work for, as I originally did not have them listed). I know that my office was particularly in need of more attorneys, so there was a vacancy right away when the qualified lists were originally sent out. I'm sure other districts will just take more time. I recommend holding out as long as possible, it looks like a really great job no matter what district you end up in! You can always transfer in a few years as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Just wanted to post a quick update on USACE hiring. Several district offices have reached out recently for interviews for available positions, including some major cities. It does appear there is a lot of movement during the summer (which generally tracks with the Army relocation season). Several offices are considering Honors program attorneys for these openings.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Did anyone get a rejection from the FCC? Seems strange to just say nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewaxtadpole

New

Post by thewaxtadpole » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm

heard from NYC DHS (phone interview) and DOL (in-person interview) this week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”