People telling others to mass mail already Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TexasHays

New

Re: People telling others to mass mail already

Post by TexasHays » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Bit of a tangent, but what about non-NY firms?

Almost every Big Law office here in Houston has on their website to mail them your info ONLY if they are not planning to visit your school's OCI. But they all come to my school, so should I listen to them or is it okay to mass mail them anyway?

I feel like I'm not doing enough because I've only found a handful of firms that didn't include that proviso.

sxyrylqq

New

Post by sxyrylqq » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:22 pm

BholeTransfer wrote:
lurker816 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
grades?? wrote:
WalkingContradiction wrote:Does anyone actually have names of the firms that are loading up their classes in NY and D.C. through pre-OCI interviews?
pmed
Can someone fill me in too please? :shock:
Ditto....
this was me accidental anon sorry!!
I would also appreciate this information. Thanks!
Can you also pm me? Thanks a lot!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Friend is barely below 3.0 at Northwestern. Pretty strong softs and diverse. Friend is seeking all and any specific suggestions for the Chicago market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Friend is barely below 3.0 at Northwestern. Pretty strong softs and diverse. Friend is seeking all and any specific suggestions for the Chicago market.
Broaden the scope of the job search to WAY beyond Chicago. In fact, Chicago should probably be the first to go if you find yourself in a time crunch. Mass mail every firm in the NALP directory. Target secondary markets where you have any feasible ties.

Lithium94

New

Post by Lithium94 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 pm

sxyrylqq wrote:
BholeTransfer wrote:
lurker816 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
grades?? wrote:
WalkingContradiction wrote:Does anyone actually have names of the firms that are loading up their classes in NY and D.C. through pre-OCI interviews?
pmed
Can someone fill me in too please? :shock:
Ditto....
this was me accidental anon sorry!!
I would also appreciate this information. Thanks!
Can you also pm me? Thanks a lot!
Would appreciate this info also! Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Friend is barely below 3.0 at Northwestern. Pretty strong softs and diverse. Friend is seeking all and any specific suggestions for the Chicago market.
Broaden the scope of the job search to WAY beyond Chicago. In fact, Chicago should probably be the first to go if you find yourself in a time crunch. Mass mail every firm in the NALP directory. Target secondary markets where you have any feasible ties.
Thank you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:48 am

After your first wave of mass mail and no response from a particular firm, what is appropriate to say in the follow-up email two-three weeks later?

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:After your first wave of mass mail and no response from a particular firm, what is appropriate to say in the follow-up email two-three weeks later?
Best if you have some sort of update to give, e.g. "just informed that I'm joining XYZ Journal and wanted to send you an updated resume" or "just accepted to XYZ program at my school" etc. Or if the firm was just in the news for some case/deal you could maybe mention that as a lead in (just saw the news that you obtained a huge award in XYZ case, congrats)? If you don't have any new information to give, I'm not sure what to say other than to be straightforward: "I'm writing to follow up on my submission etc etc" ... maybe somebody else has some better ideas.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:43 pm

3.2X at MVP here. I know that this post discussed how people hovering around the median should definitely MM, but what if the firms that I want to MM are exactly the ones also coming to my school? I don't want to go anywhere except New York because it's where I grew up etc, etc. So the firms I'm targeted will be exactly the same, and I'd be outing my grades. Thankssssss

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”