Brainstorm my life plan Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Brainstorm my life plan

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 22, 2017 2:09 pm

It's a disgusting rainy Monday in NYC and I basically hate my job. I'm a mid-level litigation associate at a V10 firm, I've paid my loans, and I'm ready to move just about anywhere else for a while. I actually like litigation and have a decent resume.

Any off the wall ideas?

nealric

Re: Brainstorm my life plan

Post by nealric » Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's a disgusting rainy Monday in NYC and I basically hate my job. I'm a mid-level litigation associate at a V10 firm, I've paid my loans, and I'm ready to move just about anywhere else for a while. I actually like litigation and have a decent resume.

Any off the wall ideas?
Have a hometown you are fond of, or do you want to stay in NYC?

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm

POSITION AND SALARY: HOUSE LEGAL COUNSEL. $40,000 PER ANNUM PLUS $ 1,000 PER MONTH HOUSING ALLOWANCE

LOCATION: HOUSE OF DELEGATES, PALAU NATIONAL CONGRESS, NGERULMUD, REPUBLIC OF PALAU 96939
Search for "Palau" in Google's image search. You can thank me later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 22, 2017 2:44 pm

nealric wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's a disgusting rainy Monday in NYC and I basically hate my job. I'm a mid-level litigation associate at a V10 firm, I've paid my loans, and I'm ready to move just about anywhere else for a while. I actually like litigation and have a decent resume.

Any off the wall ideas?
Ready to leave, but unfortunately this is where most of my professional and personal network is. I'd be happy to stay for a good opportunity. Just really done with biglaw and wondering if there are creative options out there I'm overlooking aside from the normal state/local/federal government, in-house, etc. Applying for everything remotely appealing but the shotgun approach is only so fruitful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Lincoln wrote:
POSITION AND SALARY: HOUSE LEGAL COUNSEL. $40,000 PER ANNUM PLUS $ 1,000 PER MONTH HOUSING ALLOWANCE

LOCATION: HOUSE OF DELEGATES, PALAU NATIONAL CONGRESS, NGERULMUD, REPUBLIC OF PALAU 96939
Search for "Palau" in Google's image search. You can thank me later.
8)

nealric

Post by nealric » Mon May 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
nealric wrote:

Any off the wall ideas?
Ready to leave, but unfortunately this is where most of my professional and personal network is. I'd be happy to stay for a good opportunity. Just really done with biglaw and wondering if there are creative options out there I'm overlooking aside from the normal state/local/federal government, in-house, etc. Applying for everything remotely appealing but the shotgun approach is only so fruitful.
There are plenty of boutiques with all sorts of interesting sub-specialties out there. You just have to keep your ear to the ground. If you want out of NYC it will be more work on the networking front, but hardly impossible. You'd be surprised how helpful friends of friends can be. Start by letting friends you know and trust that you are looking to leave- they likely have contacts who'd be willing to talk to you and give you the lay of the land.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”