Listing future employment on my resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SBUalex

New

Listing future employment on my resume

Post by SBUalex » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Hello!

I'm getting ready to apply for post-graduate clerkships (current rising 3L)--specifically, I'm applying to my state's supreme court justices. Earlier this week, I accepted an offer for an internship this fall with a judge on the State Court of Appeals. Is that worth putting on my resume? If so, how should I phrase that position? Selected to Intern for Judge XYZ, Fall 2017? Also, if anybody has articles about clerkship cover letters/interview tips worth forwarding along, please do! Thanks!!

mjb447

Silver

Re: Listing future employment on my resume

Post by mjb447 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Yes, list it. I just list future positions the same way as past positions with (anticipated) next to the date and no duties listed.

There are a lot of threads here about cover letters and interview tips, although the latter are VERY judge dependent, so if you're selected to interview it's generally best to see if you can get a former clerk to give you pointers.

Mickfromgm

Bronze

Re: Listing future employment on my resume

Post by Mickfromgm » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 am

SBUalex wrote:Hello!

I'm getting ready to apply for post-graduate clerkships (current rising 3L)--specifically, I'm applying to my state's supreme court justices. Earlier this week, I accepted an offer for an internship this fall with a judge on the State Court of Appeals. Is that worth putting on my resume? If so, how should I phrase that position? Selected to Intern for Judge XYZ, Fall 2017? Also, if anybody has articles about clerkship cover letters/interview tips worth forwarding along, please do! Thanks!!
You can definitely do that as long as it is clear that you haven't started yet.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”