TX in-house job: Torchy's Tacos Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TX in-house job: Torchy's Tacos

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey, everyone. I'm interviewing for a position at Torchy's Tacos as a part-time legal internship. By any chance, has anyone on here worked in-house for this company or similar type (e.g. food/restaurant, grocery store)? if so, what were your impressions working there?

This is the first time I've interviewed for an in-house position so any advice would also be appreciated!

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Re: TX in-house job: Torchy's Tacos

Post by ballouttacontrol » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm

hopefully they offer an employee discount cuz damn $4 a taco? they're good and all but damn

favabeansoup

Bronze

Post by favabeansoup » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Highly doubtful you'll find somebody whose worked at Torchy's specifically on here.

Assuming you go to UT?

You'll be fine if you take it. Sure you'll do semi-interesting work, not sure how many contracts you'll be reviewing that aren't vendor/supplier or real estate leases considering it's in food service.

General advice. Make friends. In house community in Austin is pretty small, so knowing just a few people can open up a lot of networking doors down the road. Take advantage of that. Eat all the free food, probably so much.

Edit: Also take the job and ask them why they haven't removed the monstrosity that is the Roscoe from their taco of the month rotation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am

favabeansoup wrote:Highly doubtful you'll find somebody whose worked at Torchy's specifically on here.

Assuming you go to UT?

You'll be fine if you take it. Sure you'll do semi-interesting work, not sure how many contracts you'll be reviewing that aren't vendor/supplier or real estate leases considering it's in food service.

General advice. Make friends. In house community in Austin is pretty small, so knowing just a few people can open up a lot of networking doors down the road. Take advantage of that. Eat all the free food, probably so much.

Edit: Also take the job and ask them why they haven't removed the monstrosity that is the Roscoe from their taco of the month rotation.
UT student and all. I'll definitely implement cheaper and quicker tacos if hired. I have waited 15 minutes for 1 taco.....

I realized the in-house community was small when I asked around. Hopefully I will get this job..since there's a swag bag and discounted tacos advertised on the job description.

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm

May set you up to lateral to Taco Deli.

For real though, sounds like a great law school gig.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 pm

This is possibly the best part-time position you could ever get in LS.
Anonymous User wrote:
I realized the in-house community was small when I asked around. Hopefully I will get this job..since there's a swag bag and discounted tacos advertised on the job description.
Scratch that, it's actually the best.

Sometimes I wish I'd chosen to go to UT. This is one of those times.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:49 am

Working for Torchy's is pretty much what 0Ls imagine everyone is doing in Austin. Congrats on living the dream.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Post by gaddockteeg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am

dixiecupdrinking wrote:Working for Torchy's is pretty much what 0Ls imagine everyone is doing in Austin. Congrats on living the dream.
seriously. awesome gig.

herecomesthesun

Bronze

Post by herecomesthesun » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am

This may be the coolest job I've ever heard of

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”