should I report my company to the firm? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

should I report my company to the firm?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 am

I started this Internet-based company before I work for the firm that I got an offer from. The company has nothing to do with the law firm. (Think something like tutor.com)

Should I report my company to the firm? If so, how would the firm react to it? would it be viewed negatively?
I will be working for this company only after work and on the weekends. I have other cofounders who also work part-time.

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Re: should I report my company to the firm?

Post by ballouttacontrol » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 am

you definitely have to, for conflict reasons.

as to how they react, definitely want to pitch it carefully..

beepboopbeep

Gold

Re: should I report my company to the firm?

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:I started this Internet-based company before I work for the firm that I got an offer from. The company has nothing to do with the law firm. (Think something like tutor.com)

Should I report my company to the firm? If so, how would the firm react to it? would it be viewed negatively?
I will be working for this company only after work and on the weekends. I have other cofounders who also work part-time.
Are you not listing a company that you started and continue to work for on your resume? I get that it's not legal-related, but...

Anyway, yes, you have to report it for conflict reasons as said above.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Removed

Post by kellyfrost » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 am

Removed post...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”