Small firm to big firm? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Small firm to big firm?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:25 pm

If this is already posted somewhere, sorry, I haven't seen it. Please redirect me if you don't mind.

Also, posting anonymously because coworkers are on here.

Since law school, I have practiced in a very small boutique doing primarily litigation for a niche industry. The firm has a very good reputation and has historically been a leader in this field. I have gotten a lot of experience here and done well for myself, which may be why I was recently contacted about a position at a prestigious, much larger regional firm. The pay is a lot better and, from what I have heard, the hours are comparable to my current gig.

I am very content with my current job (although there are some cons), but this seems like a great opportunity. I have been torn about this decision for several days. Does anyone have any advice on this? Anyone been through this before?

This forum has helped me out a lot over the years, so any further advice is appreciated!

1styearlateral

Silver

Re: Small firm to big firm?

Post by 1styearlateral » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

If you haven't been offered the job yet, why don't you interview for it first to see if you even have a decision to make?

Anonymous User

Re: Small firm to big firm?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Sorry, without additional information about pros and cons all indications points to moving on. Doesn't hurt to interview though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”