Does biglaw really care how early you arrive/leave as long as the work gets done? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Does biglaw really care how early you arrive/leave as long as the work gets done?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How does this work with the free dinner and car ride home if you stay late? If you're working on something at the office but could have been working on it from home, will the firm care/disallow your free meal/car ride home?
Yes you will not get dinner or a car when working at home (at least at my firm). While these are great to have, almost everyone would rather be at home with their loved ones/chilling and drinking a beer.
Sorry for not being clear, but I was asking whether you would be penalized for choosing to work at the office instead of at home when given the option to do either.

Anonymous User

Re: Does biglaw really care how early you arrive/leave as long as the work gets done?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Since we don’t have associates working from home I show up at 8:30 and leave between 6-7P. Partners often drop by and see firsthand that I have a mountain of work. Then there are the client meetings that pop up out of nowhere, so not being at the office is probably not workable. One beauty of working closely with busy partners heading up the group is that I now have the go-ahead to shoo-away senior associates looking to drop a bunch of their work on my lap. Not sure if that would be the case if I worked from home.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How does this work with the free dinner and car ride home if you stay late? If you're working on something at the office but could have been working on it from home, will the firm care/disallow your free meal/car ride home?
Yes you will not get dinner or a car when working at home (at least at my firm). While these are great to have, almost everyone would rather be at home with their loved ones/chilling and drinking a beer.
Sorry for not being clear, but I was asking whether you would be penalized for choosing to work at the office instead of at home when given the option to do either.
No, no one will ever deny you a meal or car reimbursement because you should have been working from home instead of the office.

Desert Fox

Diamond

DF Thread

Post by Desert Fox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 am

DF Thread

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”