What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Cougher reportedly choked on his Cheezits this afternoon and had to be helped out by some co-workers. I am not making this up. You can't make things up that are this wild. He has now left for the day apparently.

jchiles

Silver

Re: What Do You Do About Someone In Your Office Constantly Coughing and Clearing Throat?

Post by jchiles » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cougher reportedly choked on his Cheezits this afternoon and had to be helped out by some co-workers. I am not making this up. You can't make things up that are this wild. He has now left for the day apparently.
As someone who has reflux and coughs a lot, I feel pretty comfortable saying this guy really needs to see a doctor and get this worked out.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

jchiles wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Cougher reportedly choked on his Cheezits this afternoon and had to be helped out by some co-workers. I am not making this up. You can't make things up that are this wild. He has now left for the day apparently.
As someone who has reflux and coughs a lot, I feel pretty comfortable saying this guy really needs to see a doctor and get this worked out.
Ya, I hope this dude doesn't have some massive tumor in his throat.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:35 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
jchiles wrote:
Ya, I hope this dude doesn't have some massive tumor in his throat.
I mean, if he does, that should solve the coughing problem relatively soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

After the choking incident yesterday, the cougher told several co workers he was going to make an effort to be quieter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:59 pm

He told some co-workers and the EMTs that responded to check on him that he was eating Cheezits, had a large mouthful, when he went into a coughing rage and began choking the the Cheezits.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 am

There was a period of time after the choking incident that the coughing was not noticeable; however, the seemingly uncontrollable coughing is back in full swing today.

TooMuchTuna

Silver

Post by TooMuchTuna » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:34 am

Has he resumed eating Cheez-Its in addition to coughing?

Also, what flavor Cheez-Its does he eat? (Sorry if this has been addressed in previous posts)

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There was a period of time after the choking incident that the coughing was not noticeable; however, the seemingly uncontrollable coughing is back in full swing today.
Do you happen to work in the Chicagoland area? They apparently know how to handle animals like this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 pm

TooMuchTuna wrote:Has he resumed eating Cheez-Its in addition to coughing?

Also, what flavor Cheez-Its does he eat? (Sorry if this has been addressed in previous posts)
Haven't seen any Cheezits since the incident. Which leads me to believe he isn't eating them anymore. When he eats them it is very noticeable because he has a very loud cough while he eats and he often will tip his head back and pour them in his mouth, then start coughing heavily again. It is bizarre.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 am

Tbf that's how I eat cheezits, especially the tobasco kind.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 am

jchiles wrote:
yeah, if it was just the coughing that could be attributed to the dry cheezits and no water....but the throat clearing sounds like reflux :(

In which case, he better enjoy those Cheez-its while he can.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 pm

New complaints have surfaced in the office believed to be directed toward the coughed. HR has sent a reminder to all employees to show common courtesy towards others and to help stop the spread of germs by not blowing their nose around others and to do so in appropriate places (I.e., in the restroom) and to wash their hands "during the current cold and allergy season."

One co-worker described the cougher's nose blowing "as if he is playing a trumpet."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:10 am

Last edited by jess on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:53 am

cron1834 wrote:Tbf that's how I eat cheezits, especially the tobasco kind.
TIL of tobasco cheezits. God bless you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:27 pm

He has Cheezit Italian Four Cheese flavor. Guessing by his apparent acid reflux issues or GERD, I am guessing he stays away from Tobasco cheezits.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:He has Cheezit Italian Four Cheese flavor. Guessing by his apparent acid reflux issues or GERD, I am guessing he stays away from Tobasco cheezits.
Not shabby, but no substitute.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:59 am

Can anyone here explain how eating crackers (Cheezits or Triscuits) can cause such coughing fits? If this is the side effect from eating crackers every single day, why would you continue to eat them?

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:31 am

cron1834 wrote:Tbf that's how I eat cheezits, especially the tobasco kind.
I...I need to find some Cheez-its now.
Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone here explain how eating crackers (Cheezits or Triscuits) can cause such coughing fits? If this is the side effect from eating crackers every single day, why would you continue to eat them?
If it were just the Cheez-its, the salt/dry crackers can irritate the throat and cause coughing (especially if the guy doesn't drink water/etc. while eating the whole box).

But it doesn't sound like the Cheez-its are really the issue here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 am

The dry sounding Cheezit induced coughs have returned. I am filing a complaint with HR and asking to be relocated.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

B90

Silver

Post by B90 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 am

While I truly empathize, I will be eternally grateful for the entertainment your plight has provided the past two months.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 am

I'm so frustrated right now. I couldn't help but go out in the hallway and watch what has been making this noise throughout the office for the last half hour.

*Tilts head back, pours Cheezits into mouth*
*Starts chewing Cheezits*
*Swallows Cheezits*
*Cough, Cough, Cough, Cough, LOUD Cough, throat clear, cough, throat clear, coughs so loud his body thrusts forward, throat clear, throat clear*
*Tilts head back, pours Cheezits into mouth*
Repeat.

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:01 am

You should speak with him directly about this. Ask him how he thinks that is good for him or ask why he doesn't drink water

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 am

jingosaur wrote:You should speak with him directly about this. Ask him how he thinks that is good for him or ask why he doesn't drink water
HR requested that all complaints and issues should be addressed to them directly. Before he was relocated I guess some people did ask him about it or question him about it and it didn't go over very well. Tempers flared and there was yelling or something. I honestly don't see me or anyone else approaching him and saying something being productive in this situation. He is very anti social and never speaks to anyone. He won't even make eye contact or say hello in passing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”