Tax Interview Program (TIP) 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Tax Interview Program (TIP) 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how much each of the big 4 pay for non-nyc major market LLM positions?
It varies, I want to say anywhere from $85k-$130k depending on what market, what firm, and what area of tax

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 am

Has anyone heard back from GULC's PWC simplicity post - NYC M&A tax hiring?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:01 pm

For those of you with an offer or rejection from EY did they call or email you? A recruiter emailed me and asked me if I had time to talk and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's been over a week since my callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those of you with an offer or rejection from EY did they call or email you? A recruiter emailed me and asked me if I had time to talk and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's been over a week since my callback.
Are you tax LLM or JD?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those of you with an offer or rejection from EY did they call or email you? A recruiter emailed me and asked me if I had time to talk and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's been over a week since my callback.
Are you tax LLM or JD?
Im a JD looking to enter a Big 4 now so they can pay for my LLM

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 pm

It could be either one tbh. I've had partners call me to reject me from the big4. Granted, I was interviewing as an experienced hire. Just call her back and find out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Are you tax LLM or JD?
Im a JD looking to enter a Big 4 now so they can pay for my LLM
what is the timeline from application to a screener? I applied two weeks ago and heard nothing

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Curious as to why you think a Big4 will pay for your LLM? I'm a JD and just accepted a position at PwC in their M&A Tax group. When I got the offer I asked the partner about LLMs and he gave no indication that they would cover it. I also heard from others that I worked with in the group that PwC does not pay for them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Curious as to why you think a Big4 will pay for your LLM? I'm a JD and just accepted a position at PwC in their M&A Tax group. When I got the offer I asked the partner about LLMs and he gave no indication that they would cover it. I also heard from others that I worked with in the group that PwC does not pay for them.
Most probably won't. I'm in the NYU tax program now and a good number of my classmates were Big 4 seniors that wanted out and are now shelling out cash for the program.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Curious as to why you think a Big4 will pay for your LLM? I'm a JD and just accepted a position at PwC in their M&A Tax group. When I got the offer I asked the partner about LLMs and he gave no indication that they would cover it. I also heard from others that I worked with in the group that PwC does not pay for them.
May I ask your background? I am a JD at t14 with good tax grades and above median GPA but did not even get an interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Even if your Big 4 does pay for the LLM, it usually takes a few years to actually earn the degree (most people can only take 1-2 classes at a time while working). My Big 4 does pay for some people to get LLMs, but those people effectively have to commit to working at the firm for ~5 years while they finish the LLM, which is pretty limiting (if you leave the firm, you have to pay for all the courses you've taken).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
May I ask your background? I am a JD at t14 with good tax grades and above median GPA but did not even get an interview.
Of course. I go to a state school TTT. I have top grades in my tax classes and also have a masters degree in Tax (no accounting degree, though). I reached out to directors/managers/partners at Big4 that also went to my law school via LinkedIn. They helped me by giving my resume to recruiters and started the process. To be honest, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten the offer I did. If you are interested in more specifics, feel free to PM.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”