Anyone sign up for Leopard Job Postings or Other Recruiter Sites Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone sign up for Leopard Job Postings or Other Recruiter Sites

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I've learned that many recruiters simply mass mail resumes through Leopard. If their e-mails aren't targeted to the specific job, they might not be read and you have all the negatives of working with a recruiter (6 months exclusivity, imposed 20% commissions on firms) while being worse off than submitting on your own.

My question is whether it's possible to identify the openings on your own. One recruiter told me they use Leopard. Is this true, and if so could you see the same openings just by signing up? It's $25. I've realized that a substantial percentage of legal positions just run through recruiters so applying has turned out to be at best a waste of time, and at worst a major risk. People say not to use a recruiter, but NALP is also a waste of time once you have some experience, because you have no idea whether there's a vacancy in your practice area, and firms often won't look at you again once you've been rejected once.

Return to “Legal Employment”