Conflicts Check - no idea what to list Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Conflicts Check - no idea what to list

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:48 pm

1st year transactional attorney lateraling. Firm extended offer contingent on conflicts check. I worked on a 1,000 small matters where I played such a small role that I have no idea who the client actually was, who the adverse party is and really any information. Additionally, most of my information got wiped from my email at my current firm.

How many things do you think I need to list just to make the conflicts check look normal?

Anonymous User

Re: Conflicts Check - no idea what to list

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:34 pm

You got a lateral offer six months into the job?

RedGiant

Re: Conflicts Check - no idea what to list

Post by RedGiant » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1st year transactional attorney lateraling. Firm extended offer contingent on conflicts check. I worked on a 1,000 small matters where I played such a small role that I have no idea who the client actually was, who the adverse party is and really any information. Additionally, most of my information got wiped from my email at my current firm.

How many things do you think I need to list just to make the conflicts check look normal?
This shouldn't be hard at all. Just go to either your billing software or your firm's conflicts department and ask for a printout of your matters because you're trying to make a deal sheet. Easy-peasy, dude. You got this.

If your firm is smaller than that, then make a list of matters which you had substantial involvement in.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”