1L SA with Median Grades at MVP (URM) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L SA with Median Grades at MVP (URM)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Got grades back. Straight B+'s. Had one callback at a Texas firm that is waiting on grades before making offers. Have 10 or so emails from diversity programs/firms that take 1L's asking me to submit grades as soon as I receive them. I sent out those emails yesterday. I was wondering whether median at MVP is competitive for SA programs or if I should just get a head start on finding something else to do this summer.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L SA with Median Grades at MVP (URM)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got grades back. Straight B+'s. Had one callback at a Texas firm that is waiting on grades before making offers. Have 10 or so emails from diversity programs/firms that take 1L's asking me to submit grades as soon as I receive them. I sent out those emails yesterday. I was wondering whether median at MVP is competitive for SA programs or if I should just get a head start on finding something else to do this summer.
You're probably competitive, but it's unlikely just because of how hard it is to get a 1L SA in the first place. That said, the answer might change slightly depending on which of V/M (P hasn't got grades back) you attend and also what cities in which you're looking to work. Certain cities, which have varying amounts of openings, will favor certain schools that could tilt the probability.

OtterLaw

Silver

Post by OtterLaw » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what is MVP? If V is UVA, we haven't gotten grades back either.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:52 pm

I love how people make it a game to actively out people as far as they can for literally no reason.

habeas2210

Bronze

Post by habeas2210 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:07 pm

OtterLaw wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is MVP? If V is UVA, we haven't gotten grades back either.
Most Valuable Player? Duh..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 pm

OtterLaw wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is MVP? If V is UVA, we haven't gotten grades back either.
Its me

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:10 pm

OP people with better grades strike out 1l sa all the time

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

If it is through the diversity program then your grades don't matter as much. I've had some experience with diversity fair programs. Your interview matters just as much, if not more than your grades. With that said, median from MVP isn't bad at least from a diversity fair perspective if you are an URM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”