Tell firm about an offer 1L SA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tell firm about an offer 1L SA

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 pm

AA at a t14. Only received one grade back so far and it was an "A-". I was just given an offer from a firm that I would go to but it isn't the highest on my list of firms that I have had interviews with. The offer expires in 14 days. What is the proper etiquette in telling a firm that you have recieved an offer from a different firm? Don't want to come off as pushy or desperate. Thanks in advance for the help.

Also email or phone call?

Mullens

Silver

Re: Tell firm about an offer 1L SA

Post by Mullens » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am

Email the firms and tell them your deadline. Just be direct and straightforward.

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 am

Mullens wrote:Email the firms and tell them your deadline. Just be direct and straightforward.
This is good advice.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 am

Joscellin wrote:
Mullens wrote:Email the firms and tell them your deadline. Just be direct and straightforward.
This is good advice.
+1. It's not pushy or desperate to inform a firm that you've interviewed with that you received an offer from another firm. They'll almost certainly take it as an accurate sign of your continuing interest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”