Watson Farley & Williams Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Watson Farley & Williams

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:56 am

WFW posted a job on my career services website for a 3L position. I interviewed but never heard back. Has anyone else had any experience with the firm?

Anonymous User

Re: Watson Farley & Williams

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:01 am

i am very familiar with them. very international focus. I think theyre NY office is very small and not that well known except in the maritime space. I think they are trying to change that though and trying to grow the other practice groups. I think they just moved up to 160 salary scale. I know billables in that office are very low

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:i am very familiar with them. very international focus. I think theyre NY office is very small and not that well known except in the maritime space. I think they are trying to change that though and trying to grow the other practice groups. I think they just moved up to 160 salary scale. I know billables in that office are very low
Thanks! Appreciate it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:08 am

Any word on people who interviewed?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Has anyone else interviewed with WFW?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:41 am

I interviewed last year for 3L OCI
Word of warning: these guys are slow af and from my experience, it seems like they won't give you your rejection until they know for a fact the position is filled. This means you won't hear back for a while.

Also, I do know someone who had a CB (last year). Took a couple weeks for the CB call, a couple weeks for the actual interview, then a couple weeks to hear back (i don't remember if he/she got an offer). I do remember I got rejected well after this person told me about their callback interview.

I was obviously pissed that they strung me along so long (which is why I remember this).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but they came to my schools OCI this year for 3Ls about a month ago. Anyone have a callback with them? Anyone have any other intel on them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 pm

i had a callback at their NY office end of september, got an offer a few days before halloween. have not accepted yet, i am trying to find as much info on them as i can, but the above information is correct, i know they are now expanding out of just maritime they do an array of work in the NY office

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 am

I too had a callback with them in late September and just received my ding yesterday. Congrats to the poster that received an offer. Do you go to Tulane? That's where I go and they came to our OCI. If you do, and want to post from a throwaway I would be happy to PM you and talk at school as I did a TON of research on them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 am

I'm likely going to WFW next year. Let me know if you are too and we can find a method of communication.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Curious, what was the starting salary with these guys?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:26 am

A friend of mine interviewed here. I didn't ask about salary, but I believe it is market or close to. I do know that while they're growing, their hiring is strategic. It has been about 1-2 entry-level hires per year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”