Best firm in Michigan Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Best firm in Michigan

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I would love to know more about Foley and Honigman. Specifically, what the summer programs and associate hours are like. Additionally, what t14 grades does each hire at?
Honigman has a bad reputation for no-offering people - a couple people who worked there (and got offers) have suggested that they purposefully over-hire summer associates.
To be fair the last three years they have no offered 3/50 or so Summers with all three no offers being last year.
According to friends that previously worked there, they no offered more than 3/50 and last year was not the first time they no offered. They described the workplace as toxic and competitive, even for summers. It's a good firm in the midwest, but they've had trouble retaining top partners. No offering summers maybe the result of financial problems or just simply poor recruiting.
They no offered 3 Summers from last years class, offered all of 2016, and offered all of 2015. Your friends are wrong.

On a partners basis, they have lost some litigation partners, namely groups to Foley/JD but they have retained and recruited corporate. I can't talk to IP.

Anonymous User

Re: Best firm in Michigan

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I would love to know more about Foley and Honigman. Specifically, what the summer programs and associate hours are like. Additionally, what t14 grades does each hire at?
Honigman has a bad reputation for no-offering people - a couple people who worked there (and got offers) have suggested that they purposefully over-hire summer associates.
To be fair the last three years they have no offered 3/50 or so Summers with all three no offers being last year.
According to friends that previously worked there, they no offered more than 3/50 and last year was not the first time they no offered. They described the workplace as toxic and competitive, even for summers. It's a good firm in the midwest, but they've had trouble retaining top partners. No offering summers maybe the result of financial problems or just simply poor recruiting.
As a person who currently works at the firm and has been through the summer program, I wouldn’t describe the summer program or work environment as toxic or competitive... I guess haters gonna hate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”