District Attorney Offices 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney Offices 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:How long does it usually take the NYC offices to send out formal offers? I accepted an offer at one of the NYC offices but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. My brain will be more at ease once I have something in writing, hah hah.
While I don't remember when the physical letter arrived, I received an email with an attached pdf letter the day after the phone call offer (I didn't accept right away).

EDIT: Bronx BTW previous cycle

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long does it usually take the NYC offices to send out formal offers? I accepted an offer at one of the NYC offices but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. My brain will be more at ease once I have something in writing, hah hah.
Depends on the office. I received a formal offer letter from Queens via email only a day after my offer. But Brooklyn took about two months to send a formal letter after I accepted - which is the status quo for that office from what i've heard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Depends on the office. I received a formal offer letter from Queens via email only a day after my offer. But Brooklyn took about two months to send a formal letter after I accepted - which is the status quo for that office from what i've heard.
Mind if I ask how long after your 3rd round with Queens did you receive an offer?

Also for anyone that did receive an offer from Queens, what was your timeline between 3rd round/offer? Did you find it was sooner than the spiel they give you about anywhere from 2-4 weeks or more?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mind if I ask how long after your 3rd round with Queens did you receive an offer?

Also for anyone that did receive an offer from Queens, what was your timeline between 3rd round/offer? Did you find it was sooner than the spiel they give you about anywhere from 2-4 weeks or more?
I received my offer the same day as my 3rd round, however they knew I had an offer from another borough and I was applying from the West Coast, so I think that sped the process up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything back from Queens DA -- either offers or rejections?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Has anyone heard back from Bronx DA? Had my third round interview with DA Clark a couple of days ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Any offers or rejections from NYC DA offices?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers or rejections from NYC DA offices?
KCDA is apparently still working on filling their upcoming class, so safe bet anyone who hasn't heard from them yet is about to get an email by the end of the month for additional interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:53 pm

any news from the queens office?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:05 pm

any news from any nyc office or long island? Someone still hiring... rejections?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Any news from Suffolk or Nassau ? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from Nassau after 2nd round?

One more thing, anybody have any tips for Bronx Panel interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Suffolk or Nassau ? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from Nassau after 2nd round?

I got an offer from Nassau awhile ago; I waited maybe a day or two before they called me back, IIRC. Very fast timeline.

I didn't find the Bronx panel to be any different from the other ones; be sure to have all the materials they want from you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 am

Any recent offers/rejections from Bronx DA? Had my final round a couple of weeks ago, no news yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

triallawyer123

New

Post by triallawyer123 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from Suffolk or Nassau ? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from Nassau after 2nd round?

I got an offer from Nassau awhile ago; I waited maybe a day or two before they called me back, IIRC. Very fast timeline.

I didn't find the Bronx panel to be any different from the other ones; be sure to have all the materials they want from you.

How long did it take you to hear back after your second round at Nassau?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Or are you saying that it only took a day or two for you to hear back after the 2nd round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Or are you saying that it only took a day or two for you to hear back after the 2nd round?
Sorry, wasn't clear. Day or two after 2nd round. I think that's the one where they called me for the next one, rather than sending those snail mail letters.

This was back in Feb.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Anyone know if Queens is still taking people for it's fall class? My application has been on hold for about 4 months (rounds finished in November) :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

triallawyer123

New

Post by triallawyer123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Or are you saying that it only took a day or two for you to hear back after the 2nd round?
Sorry, wasn't clear. Day or two after 2nd round. I think that's the one where they called me for the next one, rather than sending those snail mail letters.

This was back in Feb.

Oh ok, thanks. I had my second round about a month ago and still haven't heard anything. Any suggestions?

triallawyer123

New

Post by triallawyer123 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Anybody have any news about Bronx? how many more people are they looking to hire, interview timeline, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:09 pm

I just keep checking my mail in the hopes that there is no rejection letter in there..... I hope I get something by graduation....otherwise this will be hard.... anyone hear anything from queens? I know 4 people have been confirmed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just keep checking my mail in the hopes that there is no rejection letter in there..... I hope I get something by graduation....otherwise this will be hard.... anyone hear anything from queens? I know 4 people have been confirmed.
Recently confirmed? Or just that you know of in general... Also, if recently, do you know what their timelines were? Waiting to hear as well and was told things went good but not sure what that means. Anyone have any insight?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:35 pm

[quote="Anonymous User"]I finished my interviews in November. I checked in Jan. and was told that I am on hold (and that the interview went well)--- I am not sure if this is good or bad.... I will be checking in again this week. Has anyone received offers? I see a lot of people doing third round interviews now..

Think I'm in a similar boat. When you checked again, any movement? What did they say?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I finished my interviews in November. I checked in Jan. and was told that I am on hold (and that the interview went well)--- I am not sure if this is good or bad.... I will be checking in again this week. Has anyone received offers? I see a lot of people doing third round interviews now..
Think I'm in a similar boat. When you checked again, any movement? What did they say?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just keep checking my mail in the hopes that there is no rejection letter in there..... I hope I get something by graduation....otherwise this will be hard.... anyone hear anything from queens? I know 4 people have been confirmed.
Recently confirmed? Or just that you know of in general... Also, if recently, do you know what their timelines were? Waiting to hear as well and was told things went good but not sure what that means. Anyone have any insight?
No, not recently. When was your last round? I know 2 people got an offer in december... not sure about their timeline..sorry. I have been waiting since the end of November. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Does anyone know if Manhattan is done hiring? Seem to be in limbo with them and not sure if that = rejection as of now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”