2017 Vault 100 Rankings Released Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
HerculesQEinstein

New

Re: 2017 Vault 100 Rankings Released

Post by HerculesQEinstein » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote: Seriously though unranked seems much better. At least if you're unranked you can pretend that your firm is above the unwashed Vault masses and in a category unto themselves. Once you sneak into the 90's you can't even fake it anymore.

Also lol @ Figel. Just let it go dude. No one goes six deep which means no one even considers you a name partner.
There are a lot of smaller regional firms that are better than 90s vault trash. I would start with any firm with PPP over a million that's not on the list and presume they're relatively small but comparatively more prestigious outfits.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:27 pm

HerculesQEinstein wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote: Seriously though unranked seems much better. At least if you're unranked you can pretend that your firm is above the unwashed Vault masses and in a category unto themselves. Once you sneak into the 90's you can't even fake it anymore.

Also lol @ Figel. Just let it go dude. No one goes six deep which means no one even considers you a name partner.
There are a lot of smaller regional firms that are better than 90s vault trash. I would start with any firm with PPP over a million that's not on the list and presume they're relatively small but comparatively more prestigious outfits.
So true! Imagine how paltry the PPP is at Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel. By the time they get down to Figel, his profit share probably doesn't even match a fifth year's base salary on the new market scale. What a fraud!!

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Wow, I wonder how many Weil associates were disowned by their parents because of this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
gaddockteeg wrote:Hmm so this means I should go to DLA Piper instead of Susman Godfrey right?
Indeed. Also:

90 Keker & Van Nest LLP

97 Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel, PLLC

LOL @ the strivers who fight to get into HYS, get good grades, clerk, and then end up at these bottom-of-the-barrel firms. Just LOL.

ETA: More LOLs.
Seriously though unranked seems much better. At least if you're unranked you can pretend that your firm is above the unwashed Vault masses and in a category unto themselves. Once you sneak into the 90's you can't even fake it anymore.

I worked for Figel himself before law school. We answered the phones "Kellogg Huber." Or people internally called it KHHTEF like "kuh-hee-tuff" which actually makes no sense at all now that I look at the acronym again.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I worked for Figel himself before law school. We answered the phones "Kellogg Huber." Or people internally called it KHHTEF like "kuh-hee-tuff" which actually makes no sense at all now that I look at the acronym again.
Is that because the firm is so broke that it can't even afford to provide Figel with support staff? Were you an unpaid college intern or something? LOL@these V90 firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:19 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I worked for Figel himself before law school. We answered the phones "Kellogg Huber." Or people internally called it KHHTEF like "kuh-hee-tuff" which actually makes no sense at all now that I look at the acronym again.
Is that because the firm is so broke that it can't even afford to provide Figel with support staff? Were you an unpaid college intern or something? LOL@these V90 firms.
Haha I was a secretary assigned to Figel.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Haha I was a secretary assigned to Figel.
Any stories about Figel? He's practically famous!

KHHTEF to V10!

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:00 pm

alphagamma wrote: Any stories about Figel? He's practically famous!

KHHTEF to V10!
I've got some stories. Reid Figel was a son of a bitch. He's actually the godfather of my son. Figel shows up at the church in his golf pants, caked in mud. Figel pushes the priest aside and says, "I’ll baptize that piece of calimari!" Then he pours Scotch all over my baby son and says, "There! You’re baptized!"

soj

Platinum

Removed

Post by soj » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:21 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mrs.miawallace

New

Post by mrs.miawallace » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:40 am

MUNGER?????

Abbie Doobie

Silver

Post by Abbie Doobie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 am

finnegan has finally claimed its rightful spot as more prestigious than its main competitor (and middling v70) fish now that it is (1) no longer at the very bottom of the v100 and (2) is holding steady (thus far) at $160k

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:44 am

Can't believe I just saw that this came out. I've been distracted/reached a new level of not caring

good for CSM, tho. And for all us schmucks who couldn't get Wachtell offers but now can take vault by the balls with no lingering shame

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”