Haynes & Boone NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Haynes & Boone NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Does anyone know anything about them? Obviously they're one of the big Texas firms, but they opened a NYC office in 2004 and it's grown to about 125 people. Most of the online info about them revolves around their Texas offices, which are known for their culture, but what little I've found about NYC on ChambersAssociates and Vault seems very good too(very big on fit, good hours by NYC standards, good culture). The bonus is market but base pay isn't once you become a 3rd year.

I had a callback there and really liked everyone, and the office in the Rockefeller Center was quite nice. The NYC office has a strong real estate group but I can't find much about their other practice groups.

Anonymous User

Re: Haynes & Boone NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:15 am

SA'd with HB in one of their Texas offices. What you found on the NYC office sounds correct regarding fit/hours/compensation.
The NYC office is expanding, but doesn't seem to have much of a reputation outside of the real estate group.

Specifically on the NYC SA program, it doesn't seem to attract top talent (neither of the 2L SAs came from NYU/Columbia) and may present a good opportunity for those that either struck out with 'better' firms or desire less insane hours. The 1L SAs from NYC were not invited to the firm-wide events in Dallas, whereas 1L SAs from other offices were present. Make of this what you may.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

Can pretty much +1 everything mentioned above. Heard the hours are quite lax. Really doubt the NYC office can hold on to top talent though unless a 2L really struck out everywhere else in NYC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Another HB SA.

I had no idea that they didn't invite the NYC 1Ls... seems weird because they did invite the 2Ls.

But to corroborate what everyone else has said, NYC office is basically real estate. They also do a bit of PE/hedge fund work out there as well, but they aren't a major player in that market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Wanted to bump. Considering their corp group. I was wondering if anyone can say much about the group in NYC?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”