3 Month review? Should I be nervous about this email? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3 Month review? Should I be nervous about this email?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

So it's my firm's policy to give a 1 month, 3 month, year, 2 year etc. review. I've been with my firm for almost 3 months and I didn't receive a 1 month. Some other associates I've talked to said they didn't receive 1 month reviews, and some did not receive 3 month reviews.

Anyways today at about 4pm I received this email from my supervising partner:

"_______-
We will do your 3 month review next week.
It is informal- an opportunity to discuss how things are going, as well as to get your feedback on issues/concerns you have."

Does this sound like I should be worried? Two weeks ago the partner said I'm on track billing wise, and another partner who I have a few cases with told me I am doing a great job.

TTTooKewl

New

Re: 3 Month review? Should I be nervous about this email?

Post by TTTooKewl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 pm

What about the content of the email suggests to you that you should be worried?

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So it's my firm's policy to give a 1 month, 3 month, year, 2 year etc. review. I've been with my firm for almost 3 months and I didn't receive a 1 month. Some other associates I've talked to said they didn't receive 1 month reviews, and some did not receive 3 month reviews.

Anyways today at about 4pm I received this email from my supervising partner:

"_______-
We will do your 3 month review next week.
It is informal- an opportunity to discuss how things are going, as well as to get your feedback on issues/concerns you have."

Does this sound like I should be worried? Two weeks ago the partner said I'm on track billing wise, and another partner who I have a few cases with told me I am doing a great job.
You're clearly in trouble. I would start looking for other jobs.

All kidding aside--dude, you're a lawyer. This email does not in any way suggest you should be concerned. You already knew a 3-month review was likely. Chill. Do make sure to have something to say since he's expecting your feedback.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 pm

I would be happy about it. Reviews tend to suck, but more feedback (positive and negative) is good early on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”