District Attorney Offices 2016 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney Offices 2016

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Sprout wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:t-20 3L, below median. I hadn't considered this route until a few months ago, so neither of my summer experiences reflect a particular interest in a prosecutor's office: RA + 2/7/9/DC externship --> Senate judiciary (doing some crim justice reform stuff, which is what sparked my interest in Crim Law).

No moot court or trial ad experience.

What're my chances at a non-NYC DA's office? Am I perma-fuct?
You're not perma-fucked if you can express interest/take Crim Pro or Trial (or both), and be convincing in an interview/application.

Purely anecdotal, but I had a few friends decide their 3L they wanted to work for the DA after some firm stuff didn't work out for them. They got jobs. It just depends. Although, I will tell you from my own experience as an intern, being a prosecutor is intense, esp if you don't intern first and see many sentencings, etc, it can be hard to know how you will handle it. Make sure the idea and practice of being a prosecutor jives with you. There are other options if you're not into it.

Edit: Sorry I have zero idea of your chances. But if anyone else knows, I know someone similarly situated who would also be interested in the answer to this.
I know of similarly situated people who got hired (nyc office).

If your schools has a prosecution clinic (or anything remotely resembling one), go beg whoever runs it to let you in right now. Same with crim pro/trial ad/evidence. Reach out to alumni who are ADAs and talk to them about their day-to-day and the hiring process

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Good Day,

I have my third round with the Manhattan DA's office coming up. Can anyone give me some incite on what to expect from the Executive Panel please whether it is more hypos like round two or just trying to see if I am a good fit. I have not seen any posts of others speaking about this round unfortunately.

Thank you in advance.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Good Day,

I have my third round with the Manhattan DA's office coming up. Can anyone give me some incite on what to expect from the Executive Panel please whether it is more hypos like round two or just trying to see if I am a good fit. I have not seen any posts of others speaking about this round unfortunately.

Thank you in advance.
It is a more intense version of round 2. There will be hypos, and there will be more pointed questions about your fit for the office. The best piece of advice I have here is don't bullshit. They'll see right through it. Generally once you've gotten to this point, they're really looking to see whether you will be a good fit for this office or not. Be honest, make decisions during your hypos and explain why, and most importantly, remember your ethical obligations. You shouldn't just feel obligated to abide by our ethical obligations, you should understand the reasons why those obligations are important and agree with them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Anybody hear back from Cook County waitlist after sending in their letter stating they passed the bar exam? And if so, was it by phone or email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bratty_60 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also just received a Bx offer this "wave".

Did not follow up after 3rd as I didnt have a competing offer. I legitimately expected offers to go out after Clark was sworn in. I also wanted to give other offices a chance to "catch up" on rounds.

Interviewed sometime in November.

Based on my offer deadline and the spurt of offers this week, expect a further wave* of hires right around Christmas (or New Years).

*Just a guess, they might just be offering straight through.

How long did Bronx give you to accept?
PMed
Hi, can you also pm me on how long Bx gave you to reply?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bratty_60 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also just received a Bx offer this "wave".

Did not follow up after 3rd as I didnt have a competing offer. I legitimately expected offers to go out after Clark was sworn in. I also wanted to give other offices a chance to "catch up" on rounds.

Interviewed sometime in November.

Based on my offer deadline and the spurt of offers this week, expect a further wave* of hires right around Christmas (or New Years).

*Just a guess, they might just be offering straight through.

How long did Bronx give you to accept?
PMed
Hi can you pm me too?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”