Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 pm

nyattorneygc1234 wrote:
Adukefan008 wrote:
nyattorneygc1234 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anybody that’s received a reference check phone call heard anything from HR regarding a firm offer?

I emailed the managing attorney that called me to check if all of my references responded, and received a call from Anthony Henderson in HR about an hour later. He said that they do reference checks for more people than they actually hire, and they’re still in the process of making decisions. Based on everyone’s experiences, is there any accuracy to this? I was under the impression if you received a reference check call then you’ve made the cut. Thanks!
I received a phone call from Anthony Henderson on Thursday, Feb. 7th extending a tentative offer. Afterwards, I received the tentative offer via email from him along with a couple of forms I needed to fill out for the background check. Won't get an actual firm offer until the background check has been completed.
Was your start date March 11 or March 18?
March 18th
What day did you receive your reference check call?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello! I also submitted written statement 12/6, interviewed in January, and was told I would hear about a month before a March 11 start date. I saw that a couple people have received soft offers and that it might be moved to March 18. Has anyone else heard anything yet?? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am

A coworker just got an offer yesterday (2/20), so sounds like they're still going down the list... *cross fingers*

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:05 pm

I received a tentative offer from HR this morning, and received a reference check call on 2/5. I asked about final offers and they said they hope to have them all out by 3/1, but who knows if they’ll actually make that happen!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A coworker just got an offer yesterday (2/20), so sounds like they're still going down the list... *cross fingers*
As in a final offer? Congrats to them. :D That still fits in the timing for the first picks: Reference calls started going out 1/28 with background checks collected shortly after that. This week would be about 2 weeks after the background checks were submitted and now processed.

Still, if the checks are being completed now, it means that if there are any problems, they'll be moving on down. *cross fingers, too*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:10 pm

*oops, duplicate post, sorry*

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received a tentative offer from HR this morning, and received a reference check call on 2/5. I asked about final offers and they said they hope to have them all out by 3/1, but who knows if they’ll actually make that happen!
2+ weeks just for the references? That had to be stressful. Congratulations on making it to the next step.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:05 am

Hi All,

Just an FYI to those applicants who are waiting to hear about their hiring status. My USA Jobs status updated to "Not Hired" last night (Mon Feb 25). While disappointing, it is nice to have some closure to this process. Best of luck to those who are still in the hunt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi All,

Just an FYI to those applicants who are waiting to hear about their hiring status. My USA Jobs status updated to "Not Hired" last night (Mon Feb 25). While disappointing, it is nice to have some closure to this process. Best of luck to those who are still in the hunt.
Yeah, I woke up to that notice, too. :( I was afraid they were singling me out. Oh well, you've all been great people, see you next cycle!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hi All,

Yeah, I woke up to that notice, too. :( I was afraid they were singling me out. Oh well, you've all been great people, see you next cycle!

Same here :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 am

Any idea if/when they'll have another cycle this summer or fall? I was dinged last June but took the last application cycle off to focus on the bar exam and am out of the loop!

xmgr

New

Post by xmgr » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:56 am

They had said that there would be another cycle in June or so during the interviews but there were rumors in this thread that they significantly cut the number of attorneys hired because of a decline in applications. That might mean skipping a cycle but that's not informed at all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:49 am

Commissioner recently said they are hiring 40 attorneys this year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xmgr

New

Post by xmgr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:29 am

Well, that would mean no more cycles this year, then, right? They had been talking 60 hires starting in March.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:57 am

xmgr wrote:Well, that would mean no more cycles this year, then, right? They had been talking 60 hires starting in March.
I think the Office is getting away from the "cycle" of multiple hiring announcements for the year and going with just one announcement and interview/hire process. I would expect the next announcement to come out some time between June and October.

OutoftheWoods

Bronze

Post by OutoftheWoods » Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Jesus there's so much info from here. I'm coming off from a clerkship, is that viewed highly or will they think i'm just using the position as a stepping stone? i genuinely am interested in IP/trademark and it seems like this is a great long term gig (telework? sign me up!) but yeah I do know the exit options to firms are pretty good lol.

S.P.F. 30

New

Post by S.P.F. 30 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 am

Does anyone have reliable info on when the next window will be?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am

S.P.F. 30 wrote:Does anyone have reliable info on when the next window will be?
Hopefully sometime this fall.

xmgr

New

Post by xmgr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 am

FYI, the new job announcement is up on USAJOBS.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548617700/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:35 am

did folks who applied get an email acknowledgement upon application submission? I got an email last time around right away, but nothing this time, even though on USAJOBS and the Dept of Commerce website my app appears as complete. good luck to all!

autonomousanonymous

New

Post by autonomousanonymous » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:18 am

I had submitted last week but only got an email today stating:

"The following job that you applied to on USAJOBS has closed. You can no longer make updates to your application."

For past applicants, do they usually submit the same exact requests for written statements each time around or do they change? Seems like based on previous posts users said that they could re-use/ copy-paste their answers from previous rounds, suggesting that they were the same.

Thanks

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xmgr

New

Post by xmgr » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:58 am

I got an email yesterday from HR saying that my application was received. I don't think that I got one when I originally submitted my materials. It just closed on Monday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:43 am

Like above user, got an email on 10/29 stating HR has received materials. Got a second email 10/31 stating again that HR has received materials. It may or may not be due to the fact that I made an amendment to my application materials.

marybeth2010

New

Post by marybeth2010 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Any idea of when we are getting the request for written statements? And any advice on that? It seems that based on the posts from the past, we could be getting them as early as today. Good luck everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:03 pm

marybeth2010 wrote:Any idea of when we are getting the request for written statements? And any advice on that? It seems that based on the posts from the past, we could be getting them as early as today. Good luck everyone.
For last year's cycle it was generally in 3-week steps:
Apps close,
(3 weeks),
Written Statement Requests,
(3 weeks),
Interview invites,
(3-4 weeks),
Interviews,
(3-4 weeks),
Reference calls & offers
(3-4 weeks)
Start Job