Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm

You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:54 pm

You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm the guy panicking this morning about not getting a call. Just got the call! Also as an update to everyone, she said that as of a couple minutes ago she had 3 more calls and then will be sending out the tentative offer letter to our emails--she said to expect it within the hour.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!
That's fair. I think the issue the May class had is that we were told we would hear back in "a week or two" and then it took 7-8 weeks with almost no communication in between.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!
That's fair. I think the issue the May class had is that we were told we would hear back in "a week or two" and then it took 7-8 weeks with almost no communication in between.
Seconded.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi all,

March class: I posted a few weeks ago here about getting the final offer on a Friday.
I received the final offer from HR after sending them my OF-306.
In my final offer, it seemed like all the paperwork and other security related processes would be done during orientation, so I haven't paid close attention to any further steps we were supposed to take from here on out.
Also, when I spoke to HR sometime between getting my tentative offer and getting the final offer, the HR lady said that people from out of DC will do fingerprints on orientation day, so I assumed that there wasn't anything else to do til orientation day (3/19).
I have not received "E-qip" code that another poster mentioned previously, so I am curious to know what this is.

Also, anyone living in NOVA/DC, could you please provide apartment recommendations that are clean, near the USPTO, and within our first year salary budget?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 pm

I also am interested in knowing about apartments near the USPTO.

anon821

New

Post by anon821 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Hey kids,

So I posted earlier on about my interview in late October. It has been radio silence then until this morning. I just figured I wasn't in the final running. But I received a vmail this morning from one of the managing attorneys asking me to call him back. I can't see any reason for the call unless they want to check my references. Maybe there is still hope for those of us who hadn't heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 am

anon821 wrote:Hey kids,

So I posted earlier on about my interview in late October. It has been radio silence then until this morning. I just figured I wasn't in the final running. But I received a vmail this morning from one of the managing attorneys asking me to call him back. I can't see any reason for the call unless they want to check my references. Maybe there is still hope for those of us who hadn't heard anything.
Well that sounds positive! Maybe a spot cleared up. Let us know what happens :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Hey fellow 12/14s, has anyone received the final offer letter/email yet after submitting your 306 forms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey fellow 12/14s, has anyone received the final offer letter/email yet after submitting your 306 forms?

Not yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey fellow 12/14s, has anyone received the final offer letter/email yet after submitting your 306 forms?

Not yet.
When we spoke last week, HR told me it would come probably Thursday or Friday of this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:20 am

Any May class people receive their final offer?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any May class people receive their final offer?
I haven’t

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any May class people receive their final offer?
I haven’t
Neither have I.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hopefully HR shows us some love with those official offers today!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 am

Updates anyone? If not, hopefully today before the weekend.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am

Haven't heard anything as of yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm

I wanted to provide some information regarding housing. I am in the March class and toured some of the apartment complexes in the area. In full disclosure, I am not from VA or the DC area, I am moving from California, so I am not knowledgeable on the surrounding area but thought I would provide some information regarding pricing, location to the USPTO, etc. I am not intending on having a vehicle so the locations I toured were in close proximity to the metro stations.

The first location I toured was The Bradley. It is in close proximity to the Braddock metro stop (about a 3 minute walk) which is one stop from the King Street metro station located near the USPTO. The apartments were very nice, lots of sunlight (and I toured on a gloomy day). I toured a studio and one bedroom. The studio was pretty small and not a lot of room if you had visitors. But the one bedrooms are very spacious. In terms of pricing the studio was about 595 square feet and was $1,600. One bedroom about 677 square feet was about $1,800. I know they are having move in specials and their pricing changes daily.

The second location I viewed was Modera Tempo. This facility was the cheapest out of all the locations I toured. It has a Starbucks on site and a couple of restaurants as well. Its about a 15 minute walk to the metro (complex also offers a free shuttle that runs from 6:30-8:30 am and 4:30-6:30pm on the week days, not sure if it runs on the weekends) there is also a city bus stop in front of the complex which also goes to the metro. The main reason I did not choose this spot was that it is located on the Van Dorn metro stop which is about 15 minutes from the King Street metro stop. Also, the surrounding area felt not as safe as the other areas. The apartments are huge, bright and very nice, just not the right spot for me. A one bedroom with a den (big enough for a queen bed but they call it a den since the room doesn't have a window) about 778 square feet was $1657 for a 15 month lease. A one bedroom about 690 square feet was $1672 for a 15 month lease.

The third location was The Parker. I ended up going with this location for various reasons. It is located diagonal from the Huntington metro stop (5 minute walk) which is two stops from King Street which is about a 7 minute metro ride. The apartments are pretty good size, studios have a designated place for your bed so you could comfortably have a bed and a couch in the studio. It is located in a residential area, but there is a Walmart and other shops about a 10 minute drive from the complex. There are also two zip cars across the street which is very convenient. They are having a move in special through the end of the month so that was nice. Biggest thing was that the staff were incredibly friendly and the residents all seemed really friendly and they have a bunch of community events which have a large turn out. Their studios were a bit pricy around $1,800 but their one bedrooms were less, around the $1,600-$1,700 price range. I was also told that their pricing changes day to day depending upon availability, etc.

I also toured the Carlyle Palace which is about a 10 minute walk to the USPTO. It was a nice complex, a little older than the other locations I toured. Apartments were good sized, and price was okay depending on which floor you are on. I ultimately decided not to go with this location because the unit I did like was $1,800 (granted it was on the 18th floor). There was another unit for $1,600 but it was facing the train tracks and you could definitely hear the train as it passes.

The other location was 1111 Belle Pre Apartments. This is located in Old Town Alexandria. I did not tour this location because the only available unit for my move in time frame was $1900 and out of my price range. The complex looked nice and has an on-site cafe Lost Dog.

I hope this is helpful for those still looking to find a place! Also, mention that you are a government employee, you get extra discounts!
Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

March class: I posted a few weeks ago here about getting the final offer on a Friday.
I received the final offer from HR after sending them my OF-306.
In my final offer, it seemed like all the paperwork and other security related processes would be done during orientation, so I haven't paid close attention to any further steps we were supposed to take from here on out.
Also, when I spoke to HR sometime between getting my tentative offer and getting the final offer, the HR lady said that people from out of DC will do fingerprints on orientation day, so I assumed that there wasn't anything else to do til orientation day (3/19).
I have not received "E-qip" code that another poster mentioned previously, so I am curious to know what this is.

Also, anyone living in NOVA/DC, could you please provide apartment recommendations that are clean, near the USPTO, and within our first year salary budget?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Has anyone from may heard anything about final offers, or for you march kids, when did you get your final offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Has anyone from may heard anything about final offers, or for march, when did you get your final offers?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from may heard anything about final offers, or for march, when did you get your final offers?
May here, still nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Anything??? :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Nope. Planning on looking for an apartment at the end of March, so hopefully something definite before then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 am

On to another week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”