Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for looking back at previous years. That news is...disheartening? Like you said though, if the time between events remains the same we should be hearing soon, in theory...

I still haven't heard back from the senior attorney.
Optimist: He hasn't gotten back to you because he's actually following up with HR to get the ball rolling out of his own frustration. Realist: He's just out of the office like everyone else every other day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for looking back at previous years. That news is...disheartening? Like you said though, if the time between events remains the same we should be hearing soon, in theory...

I still haven't heard back from the senior attorney.
Optimist: He hasn't gotten back to you because he's actually following up with HR to get the ball rolling out of his own frustration. Realist: He's just out of the office like everyone else every other day.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:17 pm

Below is the response I just received.

Thanks for checking back and updating me. I appreciate your patience; I’ve been asking for an update and unfortunately don’t have anything new to report yet. I completely understand your desire for more information and as soon as I hear back, I will let you know. However, I can say that you should not take the delay as a negative sign; the process is still ongoing. I hope to have more info for you very soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Really appreciate everyone’s updates; they’ve kept me (relatively) sane these past few weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm

March class here. I received an an automated e-QIP Registration Code and the email says I need to wait for the sponsoring agency to contact me about it. I believe this is for the security/background check. This was on Monday and I haven’t received any email from HR about this. Anyone going through the same thing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 pm

Anyone from March class received a e-QIP code for background check and no follow up email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am

I don't at all mean to detract from the questions for March people, but for us 12/14s, this is certainly not a good sign that we'll hear something this week if March's formalities are in a standstill.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

Agreed. Combined with the vague answer the senior attorney gave me yesterday and the 2016 snooping the other poster did, I'm not feeling optimistic.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 am

12/14 here. I interviewed back in November, and now it's February, so we're going into the third month from the interview without receiving the offer. I understand more examiners were hired during this process than most, and that HR's resources at the PTO are less than those at a private company, but now it's becoming inconsiderate to keep people waiting this long after an interview. We need to be able to begin moving on and not be stuck in this limbo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 am

March class here - got a firm offer two weeks ago. I have not received an e-Qip code or heard anything from HR about background checks. Has everyone else in the March class received an e-Qip code?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 am

Not to mention we're a week away from another shutdown. How soon until we should be calling HR and demanding answers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from March class received a e-QIP code for background check and no follow up email?
March class here - got a firm offer two weeks ago. I have not received an e-Qip code or heard anything from HR about background checks. Has everyone else in the March class received an e-Qip code?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

New email from senior attorney:

The most recent information I have is that contact from HR is imminent. I will continue to update you as I hear more.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:04 pm

March folks: can you shed any light on what the process is like once you hear from HR?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:New email from senior attorney:

The most recent information I have is that contact from HR is imminent. I will continue to update you as I hear more.
What a tease.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What a tease.

Yes, but also completely unprompted, which I'm taking as a good sign. I'd also like to know about what to expect after we hear from HR so I can set the wheels in motion at my current job. Are you all planning on waiting for final offers before taking that step?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What a tease.

Yes, but also completely unprompted, which I'm taking as a good sign. I'd also like to know about what to expect after we hear from HR so I can set the wheels in motion at my current job. Are you all planning on waiting for final offers before taking that step?
Oh completely agree, I bet he has no idea how many other people also appreciate it. I'm waiting on final offer in hand and signed before I start making arrangements. We have all of the formalities to go through still after that, but I'm not anticipating there being any problems.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 pm

One of the 12/14's that's been posting all day, every day here. I just got my call! It's happening!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm

I heard back too! Such a relief. Did you get the email for security clearance yet. I haven't yet. This feels so sureal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Congrats 12/14s! I'm another 12/14 but didn't hear anything today, so hopefully tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Also got the call from HR in the late afternoon. Now we’re the 5/14s :lol: I didn’t get the tentative offer email yet. She had 20 people to get to so I’m sure the process is still ongoing and the wait won’t be as bad now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 am

I hope you all that received calls yesterday just have last names A-L or something, because I didn't receive a call yesterday. Oh man this weekend will be interesting if I don't hear anything again today, but at least the Eagles are in the Super Bowl.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:55 am

I haven't gotten the email either. Surreal is definitely the word I would use as well. Maybe it'll feel more real once we get the email. Either way, congrats all!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:51 pm

You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm

You guys realize January and March class only had about a month or 2 of preparation and May is getting almost 3. Relax and congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”