NEW: Forum for Law School Graduates Only Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Diamond

Re: NEW: Forum for Law School Graduates Only

Post by kalvano » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 am

Sent. I feel special for some weird reason.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 am

kalvano wrote:Sent. I feel special for some weird reason.
This is going to be the best thing my law degree qualified me for.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 am

Can I use a photo of my admission to the SDNY instead? My diploma is in my Mom's storage somewhere. I think I have my SDNY, EDNY certificates around in a file somewhere.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 am

NYstate wrote:Can I use a photo of my admission to the SDNY instead? My diploma is in my Mom's storage somewhere. I think I have my SDNY, EDNY certificates around in a file somewhere.
Sure. I think any official document that indicates you're a grad/lawyer - SDNY admission, bar pass letter, bar card - can be substituted for the actual diploma. I used my bar card.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:06 pm

SBL wrote:I feel like a link to your law firm bio page should probs suffice.
In that case, this is me: http://www.glaserweil.com/index.php/pag ... rt-shapiro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm

So whats the point of the forum? Without people humble-bragging about clerkships or deciding whether to choose a firm they hate over one they love because one is 2 spots higher on vault, what is there to talk about here?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Blindmelon wrote:So whats the point of the forum? Without people humble-bragging about clerkships or deciding whether to choose a firm they hate over one they love because one is 2 spots higher on vault, what is there to talk about here?
Discussing things related to being a law graduate whether that's stuff like CLEs or where to poop (as always, the latter is courtesy of rad). This same criticism could be leveled at a new "Law Student Forum" where people humblebrag over making law review or deciding whether to choose a school that is 2 spots higher on USNWR. Just like the law student forum, there are plenty of other things to discuss in the law grad forum.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Blindmelon wrote:So whats the point of the forum? Without people humble-bragging about clerkships or deciding whether to choose a firm they hate over one they love because one is 2 spots higher on vault, what is there to talk about here?

Probably a mix of humblebragging and JDU lite.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:27 pm

So after going through all this effort at maintaining anonymity I realize I left my actual name in the "From" field in my email to tls. Oh well, at least I tried.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Bikeflip wrote:

Humblebragging underlies nearly everything on TLS, but I think its nice to hear perspectives of people in different roles. I personally have never worked biglaw but occasionally get recruiter calls so I'm still curious as to what kind of life I could expect. I'd assume I could fill a similar role for people looking to go in-house.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Just submitted my request for entry - I want in! :lol:

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:22 pm

danquayle wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:

Humblebragging underlies nearly everything on TLS, but I think its nice to hear perspectives of people in different roles. I personally have never worked biglaw but occasionally get recruiter calls so I'm still curious as to what kind of life I could expect. I'd assume I could fill a similar role for people looking to go in-house.
I was mostly being facetious, but that makes sense. I'll do the sign up thing when I get around to it. Any waiver of evidence for people who have been on this site for like 5 years? Hah.

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:16 pm

y u so mad tho?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I really don't want my real name out there. And although I probably have access to five email accounts if I tried hard enough, all of them have my real name attached to them.

Is there any way we could just send the verification by PM to forumadmin?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 pm

wiseowl wrote:I really don't want my real name out there. And although I probably have access to five email accounts if I tried hard enough, all of them have my real name attached to them.

Nobody is going to know but forumadmin, who already has access to:

1. Your registration email

2. Your password

3. Every IP address from which you have ever accessed TLS while signed in

4. A complete history of everything you have ever written/looked at on the forums and written/received via PM

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:54 pm

thesealocust wrote:
wiseowl wrote:I really don't want my real name out there. And although I probably have access to five email accounts if I tried hard enough, all of them have my real name attached to them.

2. Your password

4. A complete history of everything you have ever written/looked at on the forums and written/received via PM
Yea but none of those are tied explicitly to where I went to law school, when, where I work, etc. I'm a little unsure why we have to cross that privacy Rubicon just so we can basically have the legal employment forum again. I guess I'll do it eventually. Harumph.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:12 pm

wiseowl wrote:
thesealocust wrote:

2. Your password

Yea but none of those are tied explicitly to where I went to law school, when, where I work, etc. I'm a little unsure why we have to cross that privacy Rubicon just so we can basically have the legal employment forum again. I guess I'll do it eventually. Harumph.
Make a throwaway email account if you're that worried.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm

wiseowl wrote: Yea but none of those are tied explicitly to where I went to law school, when, where I work, etc. I'm a little unsure why we have to cross that privacy Rubicon just so we can basically have the legal employment forum again. I guess I'll do it eventually. Harumph.
Really? Your IP address isn't tied to where you went to school or where you work? Unless you only ever login to TLS at home, I'm guessing that forumadmin could figure out where you go to school/work.

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:26 pm

wiseowl wrote:
thesealocust wrote:

2. Your password

I agree with you, wiseowl. I think I should be able to maintain my privacy, if I so desire.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

bk1 wrote:
Discussing things related to being a law graduate whether that's stuff like CLEs or where to poop (as always, the latter is courtesy of rad). This same criticism could be leveled at a new "Law Student Forum" where people humblebrag over making law review or deciding whether to choose a school that is 2 spots higher on USNWR. Just like the law student forum, there are plenty of other things to discuss in the law grad forum.
Dude that was supposed to be confidential for JDs only

lukertin

Silver

Post by lukertin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
wiseowl wrote: Yea but none of those are tied explicitly to where I went to law school, when, where I work, etc. I'm a little unsure why we have to cross that privacy Rubicon just so we can basically have the legal employment forum again. I guess I'll do it eventually. Harumph.
Really? Your IP address isn't tied to where you went to school or where you work? Unless you only ever login to TLS at home, I'm guessing that forumadmin could figure out where you go to school/work.
wiseowl surfs using a proxy 100% of the time no questions asked

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 am

run26.2 wrote:
wiseowl wrote:
thesealocust wrote:

2. Your password

I agree with you, wiseowl. I think I should be able to maintain my privacy, if I so desire.

No one is forcing you to apply for the new forum.

But seriously: I put a piece of paper over my real name with my username. How is that so difficult?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:40 am

Yeah, I used my bar card (am I the only person who has one of those?) and edited out the name. Sure, our forumadmin knows my state and bar number, and he could go look me up on the state website, but I'm sure he's got WAY better things to do. (You could probably edit out a few of the numbers if you were really concerned.)

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 am

Some states pretty explicitly don't do bar cards or things of the sort. It's weird how much variation there is.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 am

thesealocust wrote:Some states pretty explicitly don't do bar cards or things of the sort. It's weird how much variation there is.
Ah, thanks. I assumed they were normal, but if not, never mind.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”