McDermott Will & Emery DC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

McDermott Will & Emery DC

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 am

anyone know much about this firm or how their hiring has gone so far this fall? anyone have an offer already or know how many they accept or any details at all?

Anonymous User

Re: McDermott Will & Emery DC

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am

I applied in August 2011 and still have not heard back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am

I met with a partner for an informational interview in early July. He said I was a great fit, my grades were good, and that he would forward my resume to recruiting.

I never heard back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I did a screener with them during OCI in mid-August never heard back either way. They hire 2Ls for a particular practice area, or so my screener said. I expressed interest in one area (tax). A few days ago they had a posting on symplicity for other areas (IP, energy and health). I applied again. Haven't heard back from that either.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm

sounds like a firm with open lines of communication.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 pm

They do have a sweet new office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did a screener with them during OCI in mid-August never heard back either way. They hire 2Ls for a particular practice area, or so my screener said. I expressed interest in one area (tax). A few days ago they had a posting on symplicity for other areas (IP, energy and health). I applied again. Haven't heard back from that either.

My experience as well except I had a callback with them too. I've heard nothing from them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm

had a screener in August for the health department SA slot, never heard back from them. Apparently this is par for the course in DC, b/c same thing happened for every other DC screener I had.

Kinda shitty if you ask me...I mean, it takes literally 2 seconds to send a form email. I got letters from places that got my resume through a resume book/collection, and they can't even send an email? Poor form.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm

I have a post OCI rejection from them (late August, early Sept.).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Bringing this back but still waiting to hear from them. Callback 3 weeks ago...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Bump. Anyone had offers already?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am

Notoriously horrible with managing hiring and HR -- I had a screener and CB only for them to tell me weeks later they weren't hiring.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:33 am

I had a pre-OCI screener (last week of July), callback a week later, and an offer about an hour after the callback (first week of August). It does seem like offers are given based on specific practice area interest. I had a great experience, no communication issues, and really liked everyone I met at the firm. I will be be declining my offer on Monday though - really liked McDermott just choosing to go with another option - if anyone is interested in corporate work it will probably open a slot because they told me they wanted to hire someone with that interest but I think it's a relatively small group at the DC office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a pre-OCI screener (last week of July), callback a week later, and an offer about an hour after the callback (first week of August). It does seem like offers are given based on specific practice area interest. I had a great experience, no communication issues, and really liked everyone I met at the firm. I will be be declining my offer on Monday though - really liked McDermott just choosing to go with another option - if anyone is interested in corporate work it will probably open a slot because they told me they wanted to hire someone with that interest but I think it's a relatively small group at the DC office.
Not sure if you're on here anymore, but how long did it take you to hear back about a callback last year? I had a pre-OCI screener yesterday morning.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”