BC/BU OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: BC/BU OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone gotten an interview yet from PWC or EY from the resume collection? I see people posting about it on other threads but I assume they're talking about the NY office.
I haven't. I would imagine it runs more on their normal hiring schedule, so probably a little later in the fall (in a month or so).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lawl12 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's up with Bingham reposting on symplicity?
Also curious about this. I never even heard back from them after the screener interview. Seems as if something is a little off with their recruiting efforts in their Boston office this year.
Agreed. I never heard back, either - maybe they messed something up?

Did they do the same at BC?

Edit: As a follow up to this, I've heard that at least 5-10 BU 2Ls had offers at Bingham but not a single one (that I've heard of) accepted Bingham's offer. That makes a bit more sense as to why they posted again.
Call back Friday. Offer today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lawl12 wrote:
Also curious about this. I never even heard back from them after the screener interview. Seems as if something is a little off with their recruiting efforts in their Boston office this year.

Edit: As a follow up to this, I've heard that at least 5-10 BU 2Ls had offers at Bingham but not a single one (that I've heard of) accepted Bingham's offer. That makes a bit more sense as to why they posted again.
Damn, congrats are in order. Nothing at BC ://

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lawl12 wrote:

Damn - that's it for me then. Stats?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
+1, I'm top 25% and haven't heard a peep from Bingham all cycle. Did all their networking events, too...would have been ecstatic to get an interview. Oh well

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
+1, I'm top 25% and haven't heard a peep from Bingham all cycle. Did all their networking events, too...would have been ecstatic to get an interview. Oh well
My grades are lower (at BU), but I also did a lot of networking with them. I've heard nothing from them from any application.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:31 am

I still have not heard from New York firms since the screener stage. What gives?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I still have not heard from New York firms since the screener stage. What gives?

Not sure, but there are a couple that I haven't heard back from either. I'm assuming they're dings at this point obviously, probably slipped through the cracks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Has anyone heard from Murtha Cullina?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

K&L Gates ding via email. says summer class is full.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lawl12 wrote:

Do you know by any chance know if they only had 1 opening, or if they are still interviewing more people?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Murtha Cullina?
Nope. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Do you know by any chance know if they only had 1 opening, or if they are still interviewing more people?
My understanding, based on conjecture, was that nobody accepted their offers to summer there, so there are presumably multiple openings.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Anyone with offers from Withers Bergman here?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Anyone from BU hear from the Edwards Wildman resume collect?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from BU hear from the Edwards Wildman resume collect?
I know of one BU student with an offer from Edwards Wildman.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from BU hear from the Edwards Wildman resume collect?
from regular OCI or from the more recent collection from the Hartford office?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
or from the Providence recent one? I don't know anyone who has heard back from that one (or any, but I only have really spoken with people recently regarding the Providence one).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
or from the Providence recent one? I don't know anyone who has heard back from that one (or any, but I only have really spoken with people recently regarding the Providence one).
Yes I meant the Providence one from last Friday

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Anyone going to the EJW fair this weekend?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:23 pm

well just got my last mass mail CB rejection. not sure what else I can do really. Any update on that Edwards Wildman Providence position for BU people?

seems like ~25 interviews and 5 CBs netted me nothing at top 25%

Also, I'm hundreds of pages behind in my readings with a note to write. Anyone else still jobless and in the same boat?

Kinda feels like I have an endless wall of work ahead of me with no possible reward.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:well just got my last mass mail CB rejection. not sure what else I can do really. Any update on that Edwards Wildman Providence position for BU people?

Also, I'm hundreds of pages behind in my readings with a note to write. Anyone else still jobless and in the same boat?

Kinda feels like I have an endless wall of work ahead of me with no possible reward.
I'm in the same boat. struck out with 5CBs similar grades. I'm flying to a secondary market for an interview this week and interviewing in a smaller MA city also. and yes im way behind in school + journal. really hard to do school work when you're discouraged by the job search.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:well just got my last mass mail CB rejection. not sure what else I can do really. Any update on that Edwards Wildman Providence position for BU people?

I'm in the same boat. struck out with 5CBs similar grades. I'm flying to a secondary market for an interview this week and interviewing in a smaller MA city also. and yes im way behind in school + journal. really hard to do school work when you're discouraged by the job search.
Slightly lower grades but have had probably around 30 interviews at this point (around 20 OCI, the rest from mass mailing). I've been so focused on the job hunt that I'm also having a tough time keeping up with journal and am wayyy behind in classes. +1 to the tough to do school work when discouraged by the job hunt. I've also pretty much maxed out the firms that I can mass mail in various markets (down to the markets and practice areas I really have zero interest in). Still networking, still trying to make mass mailing happen, but feel so behind in every aspect of law school right now (which means little motivation to get back up to date in things). I think I'm going to start working on applying for clerkships soon (because clearly I can fit that into my schedule - but I'm hoping that I can get motivated for that somehow).

As a side note, apparently a lot of our class doesn't realize that they should be applying to midsized firms, so I guess the upside is we are still ahead of them (for whatever that is worth)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:24 am

While I certainly feel for the posters above and understand that their experiences represent common outcomes for OCI at BC/BU, I do not want future applicants to become overly discouraged by these cases. I missed top 1/3, am on a secondary journal, and had no real work experience prior to law school. I ended up with only 12 interviews through OCI/mass mailing and two callbacks, but received offers from both of those firms, both in major markets.

While potential applicants should exercise great caution in deciding whether or not to attend law school, especially if they want to work in large firms, I do not want them to think that they have no chance at OCI unless they are at the very top of the class an on LR.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:While I certainly feel for the posters above and understand that their experiences represent common outcomes for OCI at BC/BU, I do not want future applicants to become overly discouraged by these cases. I missed top 1/3, am on a secondary journal, and had no real work experience prior to law school. I ended up with only 12 interviews through OCI/mass mailing and two callbacks, but received offers from both of those firms, both in major markets.

While potential applicants should exercise great caution in deciding whether or not to attend law school, especially if they want to work in large firms, I do not want them to think that they have no chance at OCI unless they are at the very top of the class an on LR.
I'm one of the posters you mentioned. I don't think we were being overly discouraging - I'm still looking for a good job and still have potentials out there. While it is tougher this way, I think I'll still end up okay - it just takes a little more work. I wasn't at all saying you had to be top of the class and on LR to get a job - in fact, I know a decent number of people in that position who have no job yet. A lot of the job search is luck and a lot of it is working hard. Better grades and LR help, but that isn't enough - everything has to line up. I've had a lot of interviews (and have been told I'm good at interviewing, though clearly not quite enough - I think that my interviews just aren't quite good enough to overcome my grades) and prospects, but things haven't lined up for me yet. (and, yes, I realize that they may not - but you have to remain positive!) I definitely don't regret my decision to come to law school - or to attend the school I'm at over other schools with more money.

Congrats on getting multiple offers!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”