SA Housing Swap Thread Forum

(timeline of applying to summer job opportunities, Internships, associate positions, networking, summer school, career path choices)
Anonymous User

Re: SA Housing Swap Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 am

any SMU people subletting their place this summer? I'm looking for a 1BR in Uptown, Oaklawn, or the Design District (maybe Downtown too)—hopefully under $1K. Reply and I'll PM you.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 am

LF 2 or 3 bedroom sublet, NYC area. Prefer East Side or Brooklyn/Queens fairly close to Manhattan, but am open to anything.

And, uh, I guess if anyone wants a 3 BR house in Charlottesville...it'd be real cheap. I'd be happy to get anything back on it.

bree

New

Post by bree » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

Looking to sublet in Silicon Valley somewhere. Also, if anyone else is looking to sublet in the area, I'd be willing to look for a multiple-bedroom place together. I figure it might be possible to save that way.

okinawa

Bronze

Post by okinawa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am

Last edited by okinawa on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 pm

okinawa wrote:Looking to sublet anything at all in Los Angeles, preferably westside but I'm starting to feel desperate. Why are all these apartments online more expensive than living in Manhattan?! It's upsetting. Unfortunately I need somewhere dog-friendly.
Because the beach is awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I have a two-bedroom house (with a yard, porch, deck... the works) in St. Louis. It is fully-furnished and has a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. It is in a very nice neighborhood. I currently pay $600 for my room, but I'd probably sublet for $500. This would be an awesome house to have during the summer! It is available from mid-May through the end of July.

If you are interested, PM me.

Edit: whoops, sorry this is anon. This is romo, you can PM me or just respond ITT.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 pm

This thread needs more action. Why? Because I REALLY need to find a place in DC. Plus, seems like a lot of people have gotten jobs in the past few weeks and might know if they are subletting.

rivkah

New

Post by rivkah » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey I don't have a place to swap but I'm looking for an apartment to rent in Richmond, VA hopefully in downtown or very close. Feel free to PM!

martacomplex

New

Post by martacomplex » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

I have 3 bedrooms in a 4 bedroom apartment in Boston available for sublet. They can be rented separately or together. Super close to the C line, grocery stores, restaurants. Our apartment is HUGE and the bedrooms are also large. We have a recently remodeled kitchen, hardwood floors, laundry in basement. We live in a Brownstone and our neighbors are super quiet. Bedrooms come fully furnished. Our roommate who will be left all alone is super friendly and easygoing.

PM me if you are interested!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rednat

New

Post by rednat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Looking for a 2 bdrm sublet in NYC from mid-May to early August. In exchange, I have a studio in downtown Chicago to sublet for the same time period (actually available for all of August). My roommate for the summer has a 1 bdrm to sublet in the same highrise building as my studio.

Both the studio and 1bdrm overlook Lake Michigan and are centrally located to transportation to the Loop. Building has 24/hr doorman, laundry room, package receiving, sundeck, dry-cleaner in the lobby, and parking available. Message me for more info!

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Long shot, but is anyone/does anyone know a U of Maine law student? I need to find a place for the summer in Portland.

bravos89

New

Post by bravos89 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 am

I have a room available in a three-room apartment share on W. 113th Street and Broadway from May 14th to August 4th. It's about 3 blocks from the 1 line and the other two roommates are both CLS students. The rent is $973 a month.

PM me if you're interested in subletting the room.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 am

If anyone is interested in subletting an apartment in LA on the westside, PM me. Rent is $750/month; walking distance to century city firms and Westwood.

For y'all who are working in NYC this summer and are still looking: check out http://www.sva.edu/student-life/housing ... er-housing. NYU law housing starts super late, but housing at these places starts on May 19th, so it's a little better. I also think it's a little cheaper, depending on what type of rooming situation you want to be in. The only downside is that you have to pay for the term in full concurrently with registration. Some places are also a little dorm-y.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hoyagirl

New

Post by hoyagirl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm

1 bedroom in a 2 bedroom apartment available to sublet from May through August. This is a brand new building with a pool on the roof as well as tons of seating areas and grills that any resident can use. It is located in the heart of downtown D.C., 3 blocks from the Gallery Place metro stop (red, green, and yellow lines).

You will have your own bedroom and private bathroom, and will share a new kitchen with granite counter-tops and stainless steel appliances, and a large living room with a flat screen tv and wifi, with my roommate. She is a friendly student in law school, but generally keeps to herself and spends most time either on campus or in her bedroom.

$1,400 a month, all utilities included.

If interested please send me an email and I would be happy to send pictures.

IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Anything in Dallas available? Willing to pay a little over market for the summer's first 7-8 weeks.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 am

I have a furnished 1BR available in a 3BR (so you'd have 2 male roommates--both professionals) in downtown Chicago (south loop). Flexible on dates. Would like ~$800/month. PM me if interested or want more details.

tipler4213

Silver

Post by tipler4213 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 am

snowpeach06 wrote:This thread needs more action. Why? Because I REALLY need to find a place in DC. Plus, seems like a lot of people have gotten jobs in the past few weeks and might know if they are subletting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Does anybody know of a good site (outside of Craigslist) to find furnished apartments for the summer?

shira907

New

Post by shira907 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Deleted
Last edited by shira907 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joey

New

Post by Joey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm not a law student, but am a lawyer with rooms to rent in my house for summer associates, if anyone's interested. The house is in Pasadena, about 15 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. There are two rooms available. The upstairs master bedroom has an attached private bathroom. The downstairs back bedroom is smaller, with the bathroom down the hall (it is not shared with another bedroom, but it is the guest bathroom). There is a washer-dryer in the garage, large screen tv in the den, kitchen stocked with pots/pans/dishes, and an elliptical machine in the sunroom. House has central air.

Both rooms are furnished with bed, chair, dresser, small tv, etc. I can also provide sheets and towels, if necessary. Rent for the upstairs room is $1000 per month, and rent for the downstairs room is $800 per month; this includes all utilities, Direct TV with DVRs in both bedrooms, and wireless Internet. With both spare rooms rented, there would be three people in the house, along with my two large standard poodles. (They are over 100 pounds each, they are very friendly but if you're afraid of dogs, this isn't the place for you).

Am a grad of HLS, class of '96, currently working for the US Attorney's Office in Los Angeles. Contact me if you're interested.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm looking for a subletter this summer for Los Angeles. 10/15 minutes from Century City); 25 minutes from downtown. It's in a safe neighborhood, close to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Two bedroom, two bath (you would be subleasing one of those bedroom/bathrooms). Bathroom is private (inside the room). Faux-hardwood floors, fully furnished with a TV in the living room. Secured parking, cable and internet included (utilities are dirt cheap). Time frame would be middle/end of may to first week of august. The rent is $925. (I'll take the hit on the utilities and cable.)

PM if interested.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Split5

Bronze

Post by Split5 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Split5 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wintersm05

New

Post by wintersm05 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 pm

--
Last edited by wintersm05 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 am

Looking for sublet near downtown LA. Someone please save me from the horrors of Craigslist.

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:56 pm

I am looking to sublet my apartment in NYC...

It's the master bedroom in a 2 BR apartment that was converted into 4 BR, but my bedroom has not been converted. The room is furnished, 12 ft by 15 ft (HUGE by NYC standards) with en suite bathroom (full bath). A/C unit in bedroom and 42'' flatscreen TV, amazing view of city from large windows (27th floor).

The building is a luxury doorman building with concierge and on site gym and dry cleaning. Washer and dryer inside the apartment and dishwasher. Close to 1/2/3 lines and a/c/e, super easy to get to any line with one transfer. The apartment is around Lincoln Center, it's a great, safe area and there's lots of restaurants, bars, and shopping nearby. Walking distance to Central Park and right near the river (river view from the kitchen) and Riverside Park.

$1600/month

Let me know if you have any questions, private message is best so I get notified.

Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “1st Year and 2nd Year Summer”