3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Hey all!

I'm putting this out there for anyone still applying to places. If you are a recent grad coming from a legal fellowship or a clerkship, King County just put up a job listing for public defense attorneys.

Just an fyi. Would have applied myself had I known this would be coming.

BattleoftheForms

New

Postby BattleoftheForms » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Broncsfan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who accepted an offer from Colorado received any further information from them?

Just a brief reply email to my follow-up email. What kind of information are you looking for? I don't think much more will come until late in the spring or early summer.

Hey, all! I’ve accepted a CO position, too! I also heard the next thing we’ll hear is late spring...trying not to think too much about it because I desperately want to know where I’m going, haha.

Congrats to you both!

If any of you are placed in Pueblo, let me know. Born and raised there and did two summers at the office. A lot of people don't want to get placed there but I think it's a great place, especially to begin a career as a PD.

Thanks! Definitely will reach out if I get placed there—I would love to go to Pueblo.

Has anyone else going to CO heard anything about placement yet?

busylittlebee

New

Postby busylittlebee » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:25 pm

BattleoftheForms wrote:
Broncsfan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who accepted an offer from Colorado received any further information from them?

Just a brief reply email to my follow-up email. What kind of information are you looking for? I don't think much more will come until late in the spring or early summer.

Hey, all! I’ve accepted a CO position, too! I also heard the next thing we’ll hear is late spring...trying not to think too much about it because I desperately want to know where I’m going, haha.

Congrats to you both!

If any of you are placed in Pueblo, let me know. Born and raised there and did two summers at the office. A lot of people don't want to get placed there but I think it's a great place, especially to begin a career as a PD.

Thanks! Definitely will reach out if I get placed there—I would love to go to Pueblo.

Has anyone else going to CO heard anything about placement yet?

Heading to CO, but I haven't heard anything yet.

mtaclic

New

Postby mtaclic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Has anyone applied and heard back from Legal Aid Society Juvenile Rights Practice (NYC)? Or had a final interview with attorney-in-charge?

satu8030

New

Postby satu8030 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 pm

mtaclic wrote:Has anyone applied and heard back from Legal Aid Society Juvenile Rights Practice (NYC)? Or had a final interview with attorney-in-charge?

I applied to the Brooklyn JRP Unit--I had a final interview with the attorney-in-charge at the end of February. AIC said offers wouldn't come until May. I even tried to leverage with a job offer but still nothing. :(. DId you apply?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 pm

satu8030 wrote:
mtaclic wrote:Has anyone applied and heard back from Legal Aid Society Juvenile Rights Practice (NYC)? Or had a final interview with attorney-in-charge?

I applied to the Brooklyn JRP Unit--I had a final interview with the attorney-in-charge at the end of February. AIC said offers wouldn't come until May. I even tried to leverage with a job offer but still nothing. :(. DId you apply?

I had my final interview beginning of April. How did your interview go? Did you intern previously?

Return to “Legal Employment?