3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Re: Seattle

I had a first round with them about 3 weeks ago, haven't heard anything since then. I'm assuming I'm not getting a second round since they said they wanted to do second rounds and make final decisions by mid-November.
They are now looking at mid December to make offers. Said they wanted to interview more candidates.
It’s silly they’re doing this instead of doing rolling offers. Thanks for sharing that tho

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Re: Seattle

I had a first round with them about 3 weeks ago, haven't heard anything since then. I'm assuming I'm not getting a second round since they said they wanted to do second rounds and make final decisions by mid-November.
They are now looking at mid December to make offers. Said they wanted to interview more candidates.
It’s silly they’re doing this instead of doing rolling offers. Thanks for sharing that tho
Have they done rolling offers in years past?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Anyone get a second round with BDS? Or have any idea what their timeline is?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a second round with BDS? Or have any idea what their timeline is?

I didn’t get second round but I know someone who got it like a month ago. Think it depends how much they like you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm

I also didn't get second round of BDS, but know someone who had a second round with them last month. They accepted a family defense position at Bronx, however.

I have my second round LAS and first round Bronx in December. Any advice for Bronx, since I've never interviewed with them before (for interning or anything)? I live in the Bronx and I'm hoping maybe my local connection will make me ever-so-slightly a more desirable candidate. I know the chances of getting a job there is very unlikely.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also didn't get second round of BDS, but know someone who had a second round with them last month. They accepted a family defense position at Bronx, however.

I have my second round LAS and first round Bronx in December. Any advice for Bronx, since I've never interviewed with them before (for interning or anything)? I live in the Bronx and I'm hoping maybe my local connection will make me ever-so-slightly a more desirable candidate. I know the chances of getting a job there is very unlikely.
Really play up the Bronx connection, and if you’re a person of color really play up being a person of color in the Bronx. Both should have legs

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also didn't get second round of BDS, but know someone who had a second round with them last month. They accepted a family defense position at Bronx, however.

Did you apply to Bronx Defenders through their website? I applied six weeks ago and have not heard anything since.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Has anyone who interviewed with New Jersey or Defender Association of Philadelphia at EJW heard back yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who interviewed with New Jersey or Defender Association of Philadelphia at EJW heard back yet?
I know NJ has e-mailed people saying they are interested in them but will let them know if things move forward super vague purgatory

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Has Legal Aid talked to anyone about the final Tina interview yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who interviewed with New Jersey or Defender Association of Philadelphia at EJW heard back yet?

Interviewed with Philly and haven't heard shit

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 am

Heard from NJ, got the same extremely vague message someone else posted earlier. Nothing from Philly, I have gotten the impression from elsewhere in this thread that their process takes longer than most.

Has anyone who interviewed with Allegheny County PA at EJW heard anything?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote: Has anyone who interviewed with Allegheny County PA at EJW heard anything?
Yup, I got rejected from them by email.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:21 pm

any idea how many days prettyman is interviewing for?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:01 pm

has anyone heard about final rounds with LAS yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:23 pm

I have a second round at BDS coming up and also heard that their schedule is sort of rolling- if they like you it can be a fast process, if they don't like you they'll tell you, and if you're somewhere in the middle the timeline can be more drawn out.

I have also heard that Philly is really late with their hiring process. With the exception of interns, they usually don't even make offers about second-round panel interviews until after the new year.

The struggle is real!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Does anyone know if Prettyman is changing their timeline this year? It's my understanding that they usually extend offers around the new year, but their website for this year says, "We will try to notify applicants selected for interviews by the end of November. Please be sure to include a telephone number where we can reach you in December. We interview in our office during the month of December, and make final selections in February and March." Seems like a much later process than in the past.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Does anyone know much about Miami-Dade? I have a second round interview coming up and I'm really interested in the office based off of what I know. Any insight on the office culture, attrition, training, caseload, etc.? Any info would be appreciated :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if Prettyman is changing their timeline this year? It's my understanding that they usually extend offers around the new year, but their website for this year says, "We will try to notify applicants selected for interviews by the end of November. Please be sure to include a telephone number where we can reach you in December. We interview in our office during the month of December, and make final selections in February and March." Seems like a much later process than in the past.
Apparently the Feb/March is a change, but I don't think anyone knows for sure if they're going to stick with it. I have not heard an explanation as to why.

Interview invites are already out and don't really know why it would take them 2-3 months to make a decision...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Interview invites are already out
Aww man. Really had my fingers crossed on that one but didn't get a call or email. Bummer!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 pm

When did Prettyman interview offers go out? Do they send out rejections? I was hopeful I would at least be interviewed..

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm

they might still be inviting to interview? just know of at least one person who got a call

fuuuuutureeeee

New

Post by fuuuuutureeeee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:they might still be inviting to interview? just know of at least one person who got a call
Thanks for the update! Also waiting to hear from them and haven't heard anything. Do you happen to know when your friend got called?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a second round at BDS coming up and also heard that their schedule is sort of rolling- if they like you it can be a fast process, if they don't like you they'll tell you, and if you're somewhere in the middle the timeline can be more drawn out.

I have also heard that Philly is really late with their hiring process. With the exception of interns, they usually don't even make offers about second-round panel interviews until after the new year.

The struggle is real!
Mind sharing when you interviewed with BDS? I've been waiting quite a while for a second round.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Mind sharing when you interviewed with BDS? I've been waiting quite a while for a second round.
Yeah no problem. I interviewed at EJW, heard about second round in early November via email, and have the second round interview scheduled for mid-December.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”