3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if LAS is still offering final round interviews?
I believe they are. I just received my final round interview notification yesterday around 4 in the afternoon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if LAS is still offering final round interviews?
I believe they are. I just received my final round interview notification yesterday around 4 in the afternoon.
How many interviews are there with LAS? I did OCI and then I did 1 interview at their city office. Does it depend on the practice? (criminal v. Juvenile)

mojojojo

New

Post by mojojojo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Anyone heard back yet on interviews with Santa Clara?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm

BxD offers - have any of you received info from HR yet? I thought they said January but so far nothing. Mild anxiety

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea how many people Tina sees for the final round?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 am

Anyone called for 2nd round interview for Legal Aid Society? Had first interview in December. Haven't heard a peep back. Was handed a notice after first interview that we were still in the running unless told otherwise. But I also heard ppl saying in the past they didn't get it and were not notified.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:BxD offers - have any of you received info from HR yet? I thought they said January but so far nothing. Mild anxiety
Still waiting myself. From my understanding we get some shirts and some readings about The Bronx and thats it. I don't think there's any reason to worry. I am sure they are just working out the numbers still.

They have not even told the office who is hired yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Any movement,anywhere, at all? :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 am

I got a notification about a second round interview in late Feb, and had my first interview in Nov. They sent out a wave of rejections after the first rounds, so I think they mean it when they say "no news is good news."

AND

Does anyone know how many people they are hiring this cycle and how many people made it to the Tina round?
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone called for 2nd round interview for Legal Aid Society? Had first interview in December. Haven't heard a peep back. Was handed a notice after first interview that we were still in the running unless told otherwise. But I also heard ppl saying in the past they didn't get it and were not notified.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Last I heard 30 or so.
Anonymous User wrote:I got a notification about a second round interview in late Feb, and had my first interview in Nov. They sent out a wave of rejections after the first rounds, so I think they mean it when they say "no news is good news."

AND

Does anyone know how many people they are hiring this cycle and how many people made it to the Tina round?
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone called for 2nd round interview for Legal Aid Society? Had first interview in December. Haven't heard a peep back. Was handed a notice after first interview that we were still in the running unless told otherwise. But I also heard ppl saying in the past they didn't get it and were not notified.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Anybody who's doing the current wave of NJ interviews get the offer/rejection/invitation to a panel yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 am

does anyone know what the first year or so will look like for BxD. Training, caseload etc. I would appreciate any input!

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone know what the first year or so will look like for BxD. Training, caseload etc. I would appreciate any input!
Same here!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mojojojo

New

Post by mojojojo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:12 am

Got Santa Clara. Lol where tf are all the Californians on this thread, are most of us just too chill for this or smthg.

Also, your interviews sound a LOT worse on the other coast guys. Sorry, sounds rough. Opening/closing statements? Grilling on substantive law? Three rounds of interviews?? How can PDs even afford that? I've had 2 hypos in 6 interviews, 0 openings/closings, and a few asked me to talk about the case of my choice. All apps have been res/cover letter followed by one interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Thought Legal Aid would be scheduling interviews with Tina in the first few weeks of March... anyone got that email and has been scheduled yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thought Legal Aid would be scheduling interviews with Tina in the first few weeks of March... anyone got that email and has been scheduled yet?
I know someone that was contacted last week to schedule an interview two weeks from now (during the last week of March).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm

NJ rejection letter via mail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?

anonymousposterchild

New

Post by anonymousposterchild » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm

My apologies for posting so deep in this thread, but..

Can anyone recommend some initial resources for researching public defenders offices, ie, which states have the best training programs, which are middle of the road, which are highly competitive, which are less so, etc? I'm really looking anywhere and everywhere for programs with great training and mentorship opportunities

I understand that to participate in Gideon's Promise you have to work in at a public defender's office in the Southern US? Is this opportunity exhausted for 2017-2018? I'd be really interested in any advice anyone has about getting into this program

Thanks so much!

torilynn

New

Post by torilynn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 pm

anonymousposterchild wrote:My apologies for posting so deep in this thread, but..

Can anyone recommend some initial resources for researching public defenders offices, ie, which states have the best training programs, which are middle of the road, which are highly competitive, which are less so, etc? I'm really looking anywhere and everywhere for programs with great training and mentorship opportunities

I understand that to participate in Gideon's Promise you have to work in at a public defender's office in the Southern US? Is this opportunity exhausted for 2017-2018? I'd be really interested in any advice anyone has about getting into this program

Thanks so much!

Reach out to the program director at Gideon's Promise. It's a great program and an amazing experience. It helped me get my post grad job. Show your interest, they may have some openings at some offices still. And yes, most of the offices are in the Southern US.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?
Nope...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Has any of the NY offices, other than Bronx Defenders, made any offers this cycle so far?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Got the interview with Tina, scheduled for 3/31

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Has anyone heard anything from CPCS in Massachusetts?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?
Nope...
Same.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”