Philadelphia DA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Philadelphia DA

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am

"Yes she said the list is ranked but she would not tell me precisely where I was on the wait list. There are about 10 candidates on the list. People with offers have 1 week to respond. She said to call back in two weeks. With the way the economy is, I am not getting my hopes up."

Thanks for the information.

Dev Lack

New

Post by Dev Lack » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 am

Called yesterday and was told there hadn't been a decision made yet and that I should call back by Friday. Maybe they just didn't have the heart to reject me on the phone and assumed my snail mail ding would come before Friday. Although at least one person has already said Schuler has told people no over the phone.

I'm not at all optimistic but still find this confusing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am

Great info, thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 pm

I think you might have called too early. I do not think she started releasing status information until around 4:30PM or so. I suspect if you call today she will let you know your status.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 pm

I like not knowing better. I'll just wait for my letter in the gosh darn mailbox.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

It might be a wait list which means that you are still alive. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think you might have called too early. I do not think she started releasing status information until around 4:30PM or so. I suspect if you call today she will let you know your status.

I called this morning and was told the same thing, Friday. But I spoke with George Mosee and not Catherine Shuler.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I called this morning and learned my status from Schuler.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Schuler told me there were 24 offers made "at this time". I forgot to ask whether more offers were still going to be extended. Either way, I am on the 10 person waitlist. She wouldnt tell me where I was ranked though...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Good luck fellow wait list person. I am on there with you and it is a hard place to be. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Good luck fellow wait list person. I am on there with you and it is a hard place to be. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
To those wait-listed, IF you don't mind, please share your general stats as a point of reference. I understand at this point in the process experience and interview performance matter a lot but knowing a range they are at helps.

Rocío

Bronze

Post by Rocío » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Angry because we were supposed to hear at the beginning of December, then it was the beginning of January, then it beginning of February, then it was at the end of the first week of February then it was mid February . . . We did not know that the date would keep being pushed back.
Welcome to government bureaucracy. If you want to be an ADA, you should start preparing yourself for a lot of this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Good luck fellow wait list person. I am on there with you and it is a hard place to be. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
To those wait-listed, IF you don't mind, please share your general stats as a point of reference. I understand at this point in the process experience and interview performance matter a lot but knowing a range they are at helps.
T2 in area, top 20%, Journal, Mock Trial, multiple PI internships + clinics.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 pm

To the other wait list posters: Do you know how it works? Do you know anyone else that has had a similar experience with the wait list? What is your thinking at this point?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

I think if you're at the bottom of the list you may as well assume its like a rejection cause there is no way 9-10 people dont accept their offers. With that said, I do think at least 1-2 wont accept just based on timing. If some Harvard kid did his panel in October he likely already has a job lined up long ago and doesnt need this one, but he could still get an offer. I think there will be at least a few offers who basically withdrew themselves from the race without officially doing so. Also, I find it interesting how Schuler told two posters yesterday that there were a total of 22 offers but told me explicitly there were 24 offers today. Maybe they are working out the budget to see if there are additional spots left, meaning that some of those on the waitlist could get a spot outright.

Idk, wishful thinking I guess.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

The hiring committee ranks its candidates. When an offer is declined, the waiting list is tapped from 1 on the waiting list on down. The candidates who were offered a position, and everyone on the waiting list was approved by the DA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you for the information. You have given me some hope. Good Luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Anyone want to share the hypothetical questions that were asked in the panel interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

No hypo given to me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:24 pm

I got nothing in the mail so far, but today I got a missed phone call from an unknown number. The person did not leave a message, though. I have no idea if it was from the Philly DA's office or not. It could have been a call from anyone or just some telemarketer, but I'm hopeful. Now this has me going nuts.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

I was under the impression that philly made offer calls last week and on Monday. I don't know if that helps you. I could also be wrong. I called this morning and I was able to find out my status. Good Luck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Schuler said offers are out and wait list is out. If you have no received a call you are not getting an offer, but you can call to see if you are on the waitlist. Otherwise, the letter is in the mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 am

Just spoke to Ms. Schuler now. She said she believes "some offers went out." She said that the DA lets her know working on applications, or something similar to that. She said she would not know the status of my application until sometime in the middle of next week and that she did not want to give me any incorrect information. I asked her about an alternate list and she did not say much about it. I am not sure if she is telling different people different things, but there have been a lot of discrepancies regarding what people say she has told them.

Has anyone heard what she told me?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

*She said the DA is still working on applications

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:40 am

Wow! All this varying information. What a roller coaster.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”