Best Sports and Entertainment Law firms in NYC? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nimhnimh

New

Best Sports and Entertainment Law firms in NYC?

Post by nimhnimh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:38 am

I want to go into something related to collective bargaining, contract negotiation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution. Sports and entertainment law seems to be somewhat related to these fields especially with player's unions and actor's guilds. What are some of the BigLaw firms in NYC that specialize in these two areas? I'm not settled on sports/entertainment law but I'd like to know what firms are out there.

I know Proskauer Rose is known for its sports division and Dewey&LeBeouf is known for its entertainment practice (and sport's union work) also. What are some other firms? Thank you.

deneuve39

Bronze

Re: Best Sports and Entertainment Law firms in NYC?

Post by deneuve39 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Check out the chambers and partners rankings for this: http://www.chambersandpartners.com/USA/Editorial/36814

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:40 pm

deneuve39 wrote:Check out the chambers and partners rankings for this: http://www.chambersandpartners.com/USA/Editorial/36814
Thanks. I mentioned Dewey because I read an article about this guy last year. He seems to be the king of entertainment law.

--LinkRemoved--

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/l-londell-mcmillan

Any other top entertainment firms in NYC besides the ones mentioned in your article? And is Dewey actually a top firm in this field? The ones listed in your article are very focused on copyright and IP issues regarding entertainment. I'm more interested in collective bargaining and contract negotiation with unions/players/artists in entertainment and sports.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:00 pm

paratactical wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm more interested in collective bargaining and contract negotiation with unions/players/artists in entertainment and sports.
These jobs are incredibly difficult to get. If you are in law school already and you don't already know people in entertainment/sports, you're going to have a very difficult time doing the work you want right away.
I'm starting law school in September at NYU. I know it's difficult to get into this field but I'm hoping to land at a firm that is strong in that field already so that I can transition over eventually. Maybe start in general litigation then transfer over to something more specific. I focused on collective bargaining at Cornell's labor relations school so that's where my interest comes from.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Just want to know the names of the top NYC firms that deal with collective bargaining in relation to sports and entertainment. If someone can tell me some of those that would be great.

como

Silver

Post by como » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am

Proskauer is good.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”