Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.1 Forum

Many years ago TLS held a content competition. The competition is no longer active, but this forum keeps going.
gatorlion

Bronze

Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.1

Post by gatorlion » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 pm

For those of you who are interested in environmental law but are not comfortable relying on the entirely reputation-based rankings offered by USNWR, I have developed a new ranking system called the Environmental Law Preference Rankings (ELPR) which offers a new kind of ranking based on a law school's resources to study and practice environmental law, job prospects upon graduation, and the degree to which the school is perceived as possessing a specialty in the area of environmental law. I hope future environmental lawyers will find this tool useful when selecting a law school.

Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.1
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

9/3/2009 Update
- Includes all USNWR ranked environmental law programs, bringing the total list of schools ranked to 39 (V2.0.1 had 33)

Thanks!
Last edited by gatorlion on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Bronze

Re: Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.0.1

Post by Ken » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks Gatorlion, this is an great article that will be very valuable to those interested in Environmental Law but wanting to balance the school's emphasis upon environmental law with its overall excellence. Thanks for making TLS a better place. Cheers,

Ken

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm

The link does not work. Can you update?

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:37 pm

The link has been fixed.

gatorlion

Bronze

Re: Environmental Law Preference Rankings V2.1

Post by gatorlion » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:21 pm

New version uploaded. See OP

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks!

lwaring1

New

Post by lwaring1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:14 am

Last edited by lwaring1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Tulane is really that high for environmental law?

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 pm

lwaring1 wrote:Any plans to update these rankings with the current stats?

Would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Unfortunately, I do not feel I will have the time to devote to updating the ELPR. I am entering the 4th year of my PhD program so I'm preparing for my exams, interning twice a week with CBS, serving as a TA for Contemporary Constitutional Rights, working on my dissertation prospectus, doing college application consulting a couple nights a week, and organizing a climate change law symposium with UCI law students, among other things. I hope to revise these rankings at some point, but I don't feel I can do it at this time.

EDIT: I would say that NW looks improved compared to last year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lwaring1

New

Post by lwaring1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 am

Unfortunately, I do not feel I will have the time to devote to updating the ELPR. I am entering the 4th year of my PhD program so I'm preparing for my exams, interning twice a week with CBS, serving as a TA for Contemporary Constitutional Rights, working on my dissertation prospectus, doing college application consulting a couple nights a week, and organizing a climate change law symposium with UCI law students, among other things. I hope to revise these rankings at some point, but I don't feel I can do it at this time.

Gatorlion, just saw this old thread and your response. Definitely understand about not having the time to update! Thanks again for creating the rankings in the first place though. They've been a great help to me in guiding my law school research. Just took the LSAT (for applying next cycle), so I'll know soon if my top school choices could be a reality. Good luck with all you're doing!

jump_man

Bronze

Post by jump_man » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:47 am

[/quote]
lwaring1 wrote:

Gatorlion, just saw this old thread and your response. Definitely understand about not having the time to update! Thanks again for creating the rankings in the first place though. They've been a great help to me in guiding my law school research. Just took the LSAT (for applying next cycle), so I'll know soon if my top school choices could be a reality. Good luck with all you're doing!
I can't agree more! This is a fantastic resource! Great job gatorlion!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Content Competitions”