Guide to the LSAC: Transcripts, GPA, and More Forum

Many years ago TLS held a content competition. The competition is no longer active, but this forum keeps going.
YCrevolution

Gold

Re: Guide to the LSAC: Transcripts, GPA, and More

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:42 pm

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:23 am

So I graduated in May 2007. In 2008, I took two online courses with Phoenix to get 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam.
Since I already had my bachelors, do I need to include these two classes?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:40 am

bug

New

Post by bug » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 am

My credit/GPA situation looks like this:
Community College 1997: Withdrawal 3 credits (0 credits earned)
Community College 1999: Withdrawal 2 credits (0 credits earned)
Community College 2000 – 2001: 2 A’s, 2 B’s, 2 Withdrawals (12 credits earned)
Community College 2006 – 2008: 4.0 GPA (59 credits earned)
University 2008 – 2009: 4.0 GPA (48 credits earned), one withdrawal from a 4 credit language class

So, I have a total of 5 withdrawals over the past 12 years. None of them are designated as either passing or failing withdrawals. Do these affect my LSAC GPA? Are they worth mentioning in an addendum?

Thank you.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bug

New

Post by bug » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Thank you.

TPN

New

Post by TPN » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Thank you!

sand87632

Bronze

Post by sand87632 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 pm

What about Non-punitive withdrawals (student initiated w's because he realized he didn't need the class) and dean approved drops for non-academic reasons (q-drops)? Are these calculated?

What about undergraduate-level courses taken after the awarding of a BA?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zhanga

New

Post by zhanga » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Last edited by zhanga on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanter

New

Post by Wanter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:13 am

Somewhere in the LSAC instructions it says that if you have transfer credit that does not show up on your final transcripts, then you need to submit another transcript from that institute.....My one year as an exchange student falls into that category. The year would also not be considered clear sponsorship because that transfer credit is not listed. (right?) It says that if you are only away for one year you do not need to send an international transcript, but since the transfer credit isn't anywhere on my sponsoring institutes transcripts, will I need to send the official international one also?

totgafk180

New

x

Post by totgafk180 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 am

x
Last edited by totgafk180 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiccoloA

Bronze

Post by NiccoloA » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Well, this is a long pause between when the original poster started the thread, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I have six credits from high school connected to a local community college that transferred over to my university. CAS lists one BA Granting institution for me and that's the university I'm a senior at now.

So, do I need to include a transcript from that six credit granting institution from high school? How do I do that?

Also, how do I ask for official transcripts from my university? Do I mail them a copy of the transcript request form and then wait?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hwsitgoing

New

Post by hwsitgoing » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi,

Quick question here. I fell ill a semester and was forced to receive and Incomplete in a class since I couldn't finish the work on time, but still received a B in the class. On my transcript it is noted at IB. The incomplete was non-punitive as far as I know. Does this mean the B grad will not be factored into my lsac gpa?

On their website it seems to indicate that this grade would be excluded:
http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

"Grades Excluded From Conversion

* Withdraw, Withdraw/Pass—only if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive.
* Incomplete—only if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive"

Any help would be much appreciated!! :)

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 pm

leweq

New

Post by leweq » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:20 am

How will the lsac count the NG on my transcript ?
My school says it means NO GRADE.
Will that be a trouble for me ?

thank you :)

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kemoran0909

New

Post by kemoran0909 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I have a question about study abroad grades:

I will be participating in a program in London that does not require me to enroll in an international institution (my home university has its own program there). Since this program is sponsored by my school not an international institution, there isn't a separate official transcript. The London coordinators send my grades to my home school's office, and they get posted directly to my transcript. I believe the only notation where one would know that I studied abroad is at the end of my transcript, where it lists the courses under "study abroad". These courses are also listed throughout my transcript under the appropriate major categories and with course codes (and no notation of them being during study abroad).

Would LSAC factor these grades into my LSDAS GPA?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 pm

cklllee

New

Post by cklllee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 pm

I have a question regarding "Updating Your Transcript":

I am banking on my grades from the last 2 years of undergrad to boost my overall GPA, but I intend on applying as early as I can (October 2012-beginning of 4th year). Would the admission committees reject people without seeing their final undergraduate transcript? (I've heard that they would do some calculations, and consider if you do end up getting the best marks for the year in progress, whether your overall GPA would still fall in their range of acceptable candidates.) If the transcript lists that my grades are still in progress, would admissions refrain from rejecting me too soon and possibly set it aside for later deliberation when my 4th year grades (or at least the 1st semester's grades) are in?

If they do put it in a "separate pile" for later consideration, is this a drawback since my file would be reviewed MUCH later?
Then, would it be strategical to apply later (so I can include part of 4th year's marks) so they don't reject me upon 1st review?

Thanks!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

refuse2lose

New

Post by refuse2lose » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 am

Just read this and I'm sort of freaking out. I'm taking the LSAT in June and I have a 3.82 GPA at my undergrad institution. However I received a D in a course my freshmen year, I retook it last year and got an A. It is on my transcript, but it's not listed as having any credit awarded. Am I right that this will count towards my LSAC GPA?

Also, I have taken 12 hours at community college. These were taken in the summer between school years. The reason I took them at CC is because they transfer to my university as P/F, this is the state policy. So even though they went to my university as P/F, do they still count to my LSAC GPA? They are listed on my university transcript as 12 credit hours passed... This is pretty troubling to me because of these 12 hours, 6 are A, 3 B, and 1 as a C.

I'm sort of freaking out here because if all these grades, that I didn't think counted to my GPA, are applied to my LSAC GPA I will only have a 3.6. Even if I earn another 4.0 next semester my GPA will still be quite unimpressive.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 am

refuse2lose

New

Post by refuse2lose » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am

YCrevolution wrote:
refuse2lose wrote:Just read this and I'm sort of freaking out. I'm taking the LSAT in June and I have a 3.82 GPA at my undergrad institution. However I received a D in a course my freshmen year, I retook it last year and got an A. It is on my transcript, but it's not listed as having any credit awarded. Am I right that this will count towards my LSAC GPA?

Also, I have taken 12 hours at community college. These were taken in the summer between school years. The reason I took them at CC is because they transfer to my university as P/F, this is the state policy. So even though they went to my university as P/F, do they still count to my LSAC GPA? They are listed on my university transcript as 12 credit hours passed... This is pretty troubling to me because of these 12 hours, 6 are A, 3 B, and 1 as a C.

I'm sort of freaking out here because if all these grades, that I didn't think counted to my GPA, are applied to my LSAC GPA I will only have a 3.6. Even if I earn another 4.0 next semester my GPA will still be quite unimpressive.
The 'D' at your undergrad institution will count.

Given that you need to submit your CC transcript to the LSAC (and provided the CC recorded the grades on the CC transcript), those grades will also count towards your LSDAS GPA.
Thanks, that's what I thought. A little disappointing, but I can still get my GPA up to a 3.7 by the time I apply. So thats pretty good. I 'm guessing I should write an addendum when the time comes?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Content Competitions”