OneNote & Law School: beginners guide Forum

Many years ago TLS held a content competition. The competition is no longer active, but this forum keeps going.
linkx13

Bronze

Re: OneNote & Law School: beginners guide

Post by linkx13 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Is this still the best way to go or are there other programs?

sundontshine

Bronze

Post by sundontshine » Wed May 21, 2014 12:25 pm

linkx13 wrote:Is this still the best way to go or are there other programs?
OneNote is absolutely the way to go.

amw5471

New

Post by amw5471 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:54 pm

sundontshine wrote:
linkx13 wrote:Is this still the best way to go or are there other programs?
OneNote is absolutely the way to go.
Thank you! I was wondering this as well

Buck Strickland

New

Post by Buck Strickland » Sat May 31, 2014 11:11 pm

How do folks feel about the Mac version? I've heard not so good things. Given the choice between OneNote for Mac and Circus Ponies, what seems to be the best option?

cjayne88

New

Post by cjayne88 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 am

As a 1L, this guide seems amazing to learn all the ins and outs of OneNote, but none of the screenshots are showing up! Does anyone have the images saved or know of a way to access the images? If not, are there any other comparable guides that I can use to get the most out of OneNote?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:38 am

cjayne88 wrote:As a 1L, this guide seems amazing to learn all the ins and outs of OneNote, but none of the screenshots are showing up! Does anyone have the images saved or know of a way to access the images? If not, are there any other comparable guides that I can use to get the most out of OneNote?

likewise, does anyone have images they can post? I've heard mixed things about using Outlook for law school. Some friends IRL didn't like it.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:44 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Nice write up, but for the basic layout minimalists may want to consider an alternative like Xeoh's:
Image Image Image

looks like one note is basically similar to me creating a bunch of word docs and saving it in specific folders and sub folders in my documents?

Ris19

New

Post by Ris19 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Tagging, thanks!

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote: looks like one note is basically similar to me creating a bunch of word docs and saving it in specific folders and sub folders in my documents?
No. If you are using onenote right, you are creating hyperlinks between specific portions of your outline to specific portions of the docs that would otherwise be separate docs in folders and subfolders. This matters for quick access during exams.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pardis101

New

Post by pardis101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

Thank you so much for this post. As a 0L who just got in, and is auditing classes I am trying to figure out exactly how to organized things come fall semester. I know this thread is old, but hopefully, you'll still see this and respond!

I have been playing around with OneNote for the past few weeks, but I have a hard time imagining how I would organize various categories of notes within each class. This is probably more a product of not knowing what I don't know about class structures than difficulty with OneNote. I think the images in your post would be very helpful, but they have been removed. Is there any way you could repost the images or pm them to me?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Content Competitions”