Denied Matching Aid at Berkeley Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
teachlearn

New

Re: Denied Matching Aid at Berkeley

Post by teachlearn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Yeah, I can see how it would seem that I am entitled, and I suppose I do feel some entitlement having already been admitted to the school. That said, it's more disappointment than feeling like I should have gotten something.

teachlearn

New

Post by teachlearn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm

And ps. I have felt huge rejection before, but I just hadn't dealt with it in this law school application experience, and for that I feel lucky. I didn't get my heart set on a reach, I set it on a school I was admitted to in Nov and claimed to really want me.

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:38 pm

teachlearn wrote:Yeah, I can see how it would seem that I am entitled, and I suppose I do feel some entitlement having already been admitted to the school. That said, it's more disappointment than feeling like I should have gotten something.
I don't doubt that at all, and as I said in my first post, I was more focusing on the egregious ANGRY people...not the genuinely sad, like you.

Just remember: it's not "free>>>>not free" in every case. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents so that you should weigh your decision on the merits and not feel like it's personal that you didn't get money.

Again, good luck!

teachlearn

New

Post by teachlearn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 am

Rotor wrote:
teachlearn wrote:Yeah, I can see how it would seem that I am entitled, and I suppose I do feel some entitlement having already been admitted to the school. That said, it's more disappointment than feeling like I should have gotten something.
I don't doubt that at all, and as I said in my first post, I was more focusing on the egregious ANGRY people...not the genuinely sad, like you.

Just remember: it's not "free>>>>not free" in every case. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents so that you should weigh your decision on the merits and not feel like it's personal that you didn't get money.

Again, good luck!
Yeah I agree with you, depending on the situation. Sometimes life quality>>>money.

In my case though, I loved Boalt and liked Penn a lot. A dream is dying, but life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

So (drumroll please)... Penn it is :)... Now I can be excited about it!! :)

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 am

teachlearn wrote:
Rotor wrote:

Again, good luck!
Yeah I agree with you, depending on the situation. Sometimes life quality>>>money.

In my case though, I loved Boalt and liked Penn a lot. A dream is dying, but life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

Congratulations!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

southernlady

New

Post by southernlady » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 am

Good for you! That is awesome!

tobey2

New

Post by tobey2 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:40 am

yay! congrats to you :)

and when you withdraw from Berks, if by some miracle they ask you to bequeath your seat to someone, you know who to call.... ;)

enjoy philly and all that penn has to offer!

sbalive

Bronze

Post by sbalive » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am

teachlearn wrote:
Rotor wrote:

Again, good luck!

Congrats! Sorry if we were giving you a hard time for your post, but now that you're going to Philly, that's all that matters. I don't know how much you know about it already, but you'll really like it here!

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
jacktripper wrote:
Kohinoor wrote: Alot of the people here have never dealt with disappointment or rejection on this scale before.
I really think our generation needs to get a little perspective on life. I posted this on another thread, and I think it is relevant to this thread:
This reminded me of a 60 Minutes segment I found interesting. If you are interested: --LinkRemoved--
There is a video of the segment that goes into how there's an industry growing to meet the demands of our twenty-something generation in the workplace. Bosses are learning how to deal with a whole generation that doesn't know how to accept that they are not special and entitled to everything their heart desires. Don't get me wrong, I can relate to OP. I am a young adult, but I also think we have never learned to deal correctly with disappointment. Lets not forget OP still has a scholarship to a peer school. So why is this situation so disappointing?
One of the biggest reasons why I cannot wait to leave NYC. The sense of entitlement that the young adults I have met here have is overwhelming. They walk around thinking that they simply deserve things more than others do. I can't stand that.
Yah, cuz the boomers were SOOOOOO much better. Gosh, I wish my generation had fucked over the economy with our crazy entitlement spending (since we are, you know, the entitled ones). You want unfair, I'll tell you whats unfair - that the boomers (and yes, the greatest generation as well) got all the nice stuff like, idk, retirement and decent jobs by spending our money before we made it but i guess i'm just an entitled brat from generation Y who doesn't know shit. Fuck you guys.

"What is happening to our young
people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They
ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions.
Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
-Plato

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”