GULC '13 (Evening) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
pirouette

New

GULC '13 (Evening)

Post by pirouette » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 am

Any other part time GULC 0Ls here??
Last edited by pirouette on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pirouette

New

Re: GULC '13 (Part Time)

Post by pirouette » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

None??

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:26 pm

No one admits to going to GULC. It's at the bottom of the T14 after all...

moorman75

New

Post by moorman75 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm there.

(Actually, I think the PC term is "evening", instead of Part Time...)

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Haha yes, evening student would make more sense. I mean we're taking 24 credits and full time it taking 31. With only 6 fewer credits and holding down a job, it's certainly not part time. I'm going to be there soon enough. Not in DC yet, but looking for a place near campus that's not completely out of my price range.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

moorman75

New

Post by moorman75 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey PT'ers! Are we supposed to try to pick-a-prof for our classes? Or do we have no choice?

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 pm

I was thinking the same thing. There are certainly some profs I would like to have over others. They say registration is on the 25th, so I have to imagine it's not just random, why else would you call it registration. We shall see. I am so excited to be finally getting some information from GULC. I can't wait to get to DC!

gringa_pija

New

Post by gringa_pija » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Did you guys get the email from Prof. Rosenkranz with the book list and summer reading assignment?!?!?! I would think this email means that I am in his class, but if they already divided us up why would they hold out on us til registration week?

I kind of want to call and find out, but I'm actually headed down to DC tomorrow to do apartment hunting, maybe I'll be brave and go ask in person....

poker1928

New

Post by poker1928 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 pm

gringa_pija wrote:Did you guys get the email from Prof. Rosenkranz with the book list and summer reading assignment?!?!?! I would think this email means that I am in his class, but if they already divided us up why would they hold out on us til registration week?

I kind of want to call and find out, but I'm actually headed down to DC tomorrow to do apartment hunting, maybe I'll be brave and go ask in person....
No email here...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi ALL,

I started a Section 7 fbook group. All the other sections had one, so I thought I might as well. Everyone feel free to take over the reigns at anytime or become and admin!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113602086182

I haven't gotten an email either. Well then we're down to 3 more options one of which has no previous exams listed on the library website. That's a little nerve wracking.

jdmamba

New

Post by jdmamba » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Congrats!

Question for y'all...

Does GULC require the applicant to be working in order to get entry into the evening program?

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:39 pm

jdmamba wrote:Congrats!

Question for y'all...

Does GULC require the applicant to be working in order to get entry into the evening program?
No, but it really doesn't look good, if your in the evening program and just hanging around all day. It's better to have something to put on your resume, if employers do ask in the future.

jdmamba

New

Post by jdmamba » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Jadcia wrote:

Question for y'all...

No, but it really doesn't look good, if your in the evening program and just hanging around all day. It's better to have something to put on your resume, if employers do ask in the future.

Thanks! I actually do intend to work, if and when I enter the program. However, at the time of applying I'll still be completing my master's and wouldn't be able to list myself as working.

Also, I remember a question from another thread about the GULC "evening" degree. Is the PT degree exactly the same as the FT degree? Or, does it state that you graduated from the evening program?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pirouette

New

Post by pirouette » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Glad to see you guys are out there...I kind of gave up on this thread and backed off TLS after not getting any replys for a while! Off to join the FB group - thanks Jadcia!!

As for the smaller class sections, I am seriously, hoping and praying that I get into subsection 73, because I would looove to have David Cole for Con Law :D I think we'll be assigned during the registration/orientation.

pirouette

New

Post by pirouette » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 pm

jdmamba wrote:
Jadcia wrote:

Question for y'all...

Thanks! I actually do intend to work, if and when I enter the program. However, at the time of applying I'll still be completing my master's and wouldn't be able to list myself as working.

Also, I remember a question from another thread about the GULC "evening" degree. Is the PT degree exactly the same as the FT degree? Or, does it state that you graduated from the evening program?
There is no difference between a PT/Evening JD and a FT JD but it will be obvious from your transcript.

ace0260

New

Post by ace0260 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Can I get some stats and work exp. info from you guys. Theres not a whole lot on LSN

williestark

New

Post by williestark » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 pm

ace0260 wrote:Can I get some stats and work exp. info from you guys. Theres not a whole lot on LSN
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:15 am

williestark wrote:
ace0260 wrote:Can I get some stats and work exp. info from you guys. Theres not a whole lot on LSN
+1
What kind of stats are you talking about?
pirouette wrote:
There is no difference between a PT/Evening JD and a FT JD but it will be obvious from your transcript.
It might be somewhat obvious. It also depends on whether or not you transfer to the FT program. If you finish out in the PT program of course they would notice it took you 4 years, but otherwise, I don't think they would care that much. I don't have any data to back that up, but I image it wouldn't put you at that much of an disadvantage. ITE it might be better to put some more time between beginning and ending the program anyway.

titles

New

Post by titles » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:24 am

Jadcia, it sounds like you summer started. How do you like GULC so far? My wife is looking forward to orientation more than me, so I'll finally talk about something else.

ace0260

New

Post by ace0260 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:34 am

Stats like GPA/LSAT/Work Experience

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:44 am

titles wrote:Jadcia, it sounds like you summer started. How do you like GULC so far? My wife is looking forward to orientation more than me, so I'll finally talk about something else.
I haven't started my summer at GULC yet. I'm still out of the country, but I found an apartment, had a friend go check it out and take pics and let me know about the immediate area. My husband will be coming with my to Orientation too. I think he'll just be happy that I am no longer glued to all of these forums! I have been to GULC before for other programs and things, but I'm excited to get back to DC.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pirouette

New

Post by pirouette » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:21 pm

ace0260 wrote:
Stats like GPA/LSAT/Work Experience
All of my stats/work experience are listed on my LSN profile - link is in my profile. If you have any specific Qs, you can PM me.

Jadcia

New

Re: GULC '13 (Evening)

Post by Jadcia » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:24 am

Here's hoping everyone is having a great weekend. Unfortunately I must go to work today. How is everyone juggling the who work/school thing. Have you guys begun making plans to leave early? Take longer lunches? Coming in earlier? Just trying to think of how I should swing things? I'll be changing jobs just in time for classes.

gilchristh

Bronze

Post by gilchristh » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:41 am

While I'm full-time, I'll most likely be graduating with you all in 2013 since I plan to do the JD/MBA Joint Degree program. So hi!

Jadcia

New

Post by Jadcia » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:02 am

gilchristh wrote:While I'm full-time, I'll most likely be graduating with you all in 2013 since I plan to do the JD/MBA Joint Degree program. So hi!
Always welcome! Have you already applied to that program or do you plan on applying? I'm hoping to do the Tax LLM, so I'll be graduating even later than I originally planned and that's even if I do transfer to the FT program.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”