Duke Law Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
frissle

New

Re: Duke Law Class of 2012

Post by frissle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Been a little quiet on this board, how is everyone enjoying orientation?

ObviouslyMasochistic

New

Post by ObviouslyMasochistic » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 pm

I washed a bus today!

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 pm

I washed barrels today!

Pogopop

New

Post by Pogopop » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:05 pm

Do you guys think I would be able to bring my dog to tomorrow's bbq? It'll be outside, but I don't know if it will be frowned upon...any thoughts?

aer

New

Post by aer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:09 pm

I pulled ivy today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

aer wrote:I pulled ivy today.
Yup.
Pogopop wrote:Do you guys think I would be able to bring my dog to tomorrow's bbq? It'll be outside, but I don't know if it will be frowned upon...any thoughts?
My LEAD fellow is bringing hers. I am thinking about bringing mine. I don't think it would be a problem.

pumpkincrepes

New

Post by pumpkincrepes » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm

haha same here. hooray for weeding a forest. oh wait.

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi - doubt this will work, but here goes.

I'm taking Civ Pro this semester and our casebook is Civil Procedure, a Contemporary Approach 2nd ed. by A. Benjamin Spencer.

It's one of those books that has the "online component". I kinda assumed that this was like undergrad science and math books where there's a bunch of useless stuff on the website, but it's looking like the online stuff is going to be helpful to the point of essential.

I bought a used copy and the online code that came with it was apparently used by the previous owner. They are one-time only codes.

Any random chance any 2Ls/3Ls bought this book in the past and never used their code and would be willing to lend/sell?

Any 1Ls bought it and realized they'll never use it?

Thanks

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Can't help you, but at least now I know to lookout for that when I take Civ Pro next semester.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Bosque wrote:Can't help you, but at least now I know to lookout for that when I take Civ Pro next semester.

Good luck!
I posted the same thing in the forum for students and grads and someone said I can just call Westlaw and they will issue a new code, even for used books.

I'll give it a shot on Monday.

By the way, has anyone gotten ePrint to work? I'm having no luck and OIT is clueless.

And also, if the OIT people tell you to go the computer center in Bryan, ignore them. It no longer exists and is in Perkins Library.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 am

Yeah dude...eprint only works on certain printers though....they have certain signs on them that should tell you...and then you just swipe your card. Otherwise just use the "law-whatever" one and you can print everywhere but the eprint printers

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:38 am

Bosque wrote:
Yup.
Pogopop wrote:Do you guys think I would be able to bring my dog to tomorrow's bbq? It'll be outside, but I don't know if it will be frowned upon...any thoughts?
My LEAD fellow is bringing hers. I am thinking about bringing mine. I don't think it would be a problem.
Dude...your dog kicks ass btw....soooooo mellow.

pumpkincrepes

New

Post by pumpkincrepes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

wiseowl wrote:Hi - doubt this will work, but here goes.

I'm taking Civ Pro this semester and our casebook is Civil Procedure, a Contemporary Approach 2nd ed. by A. Benjamin Spencer.

It's one of those books that has the "online component". I kinda assumed that this was like undergrad science and math books where there's a bunch of useless stuff on the website, but it's looking like the online stuff is going to be helpful to the point of essential.

I bought a used copy and the online code that came with it was apparently used by the previous owner. They are one-time only codes.

Any random chance any 2Ls/3Ls bought this book in the past and never used their code and would be willing to lend/sell?

I made the same mistake and would be up for buying/receiving as well. Boo.

Any 1Ls bought it and realized they'll never use it?

Thanks

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pumpkincrepes

New

Post by pumpkincrepes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Bosque wrote:Can't help you, but at least now I know to lookout for that when I take Civ Pro next semester.

Good luck!
I posted the same thing in the forum for students and grads and someone said I can just call Westlaw and they will issue a new code, even for used books.

I'll give it a shot on Monday.

By the way, has anyone gotten ePrint to work? I'm having no luck and OIT is clueless.

And also, if the OIT people tell you to go the computer center in Bryan, ignore them. It no longer exists and is in Perkins Library.
Please let me know if this works!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am

Quick tip if you haven't already turned in the Lecture Series paper - make sure you spell Ben Heineman's name right. The handout with the assignment most definitely does not. I caught mine at the last second...how embarrassing.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:53 am

wiseowl wrote:Quick tip if you haven't already turned in the Lecture Series paper - make sure you spell Ben Heineman's name right. The handout with the assignment most definitely does not. I caught mine at the last second...how embarrassing.
Were we supposed to include his name somewhere? I wasn't all that clear on the formatting.

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Bosque wrote:
wiseowl wrote:Quick tip if you haven't already turned in the Lecture Series paper - make sure you spell Ben Heineman's name right. The handout with the assignment most definitely does not. I caught mine at the last second...how embarrassing.
Were we supposed to include his name somewhere? I wasn't all that clear on the formatting.
nah, i just quoted him on something. but since there's a ~1 in 40 chance he'll end up reading them I wanted to make sure I got it right.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Bosque wrote:
nah, i just quoted him on something. but since there's a ~1 in 40 chance he'll end up reading them I wanted to make sure I got it right.
Anyone out there gunning for top 5 on the paper?

:mrgreen:

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:56 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
wiseowl wrote:
Bosque wrote:
Anyone out there gunning for top 5 on the paper?

:mrgreen:
lol mine was awful. i wrote it in 20 min at 2 am. i am certain there are other gunners afoot.

ObviouslyMasochistic

New

Post by ObviouslyMasochistic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:17 pm

I think they would have encouraged better papers if they threatened to post the worst 5 papers.

Either way, mine was terrible but awesome for 15 minutes of work.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:49 pm

ObviouslyMasochistic wrote:I think they would have encouraged better papers if they threatened to post the worst 5 papers.
...along with your name and Duke Card picture

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:53 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
ObviouslyMasochistic wrote:I think they would have encouraged better papers if they threatened to post the worst 5 papers.
any posting of my Duke Card picture is sufficent incentive for competence.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

wiseowl wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
any posting of my Duke Card picture is sufficent incentive for competence.
Yeah mine is lame. It looks like I just lost a fight and am getting booked in jail.

skiridedrive

New

Post by skiridedrive » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 am

--LinkRemoved--

We're in the final four!

pumpkincrepes

New

Post by pumpkincrepes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:49 pm

And apparently we now won. I don't see it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”