WashU (wustl) Class of 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 pm

VAGATOR wrote:
guypal wrote:what's everyone getting as far as the internet service providers go? Anyone have the scoops on which ones work well in StL area?
I have AT&T DSL and have been impressed with the speed. I refuse to give Charter any of my money.
Don't you have to pay $40 a month for a useless landline?

matty

Bronze

Post by matty » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Charter blows, but probably not too much more than other cable companies that have little or no competition. That being said, their internet prices are pretty decent but I can't speak to the quality/connection speed/reliability etc. Charter is a serious rip-off on cable television though. With taxes, you end up paying 50+ for the same basic cable you can get for 19.99 on a dish. Most basic digital cable+internet bundle looks like about $75. Not terrible,m but not great considering you might want to bump up that internet speed for an additional charge. I have AT&T DSL and I've been satisfied, but I'd probably bump up the speed from their basic hi-speed if I weren't moving out. As for the landline, AT&T has offers available for DSL that don't require landline service, so that might be something to look into. Finally, AT&T UVerse is becoming widely available in STL. I've heard really good things about it, but it probably wouldn't be worth it unless you're a big TV watcher and want DVR capabilities and Hi-Def. Although I bet you could pick up about $300-350 in Uverse cashback which would basically make your first 4 months or so free if you get the cable+internet package. If its only a one year contract that's a pretty good deal.

VAGATOR

New

Post by VAGATOR » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Lxw wrote:
VAGATOR wrote:
guypal wrote:what's everyone getting as far as the internet service providers go? Anyone have the scoops on which ones work well in StL area?
I have AT&T DSL and have been impressed with the speed. I refuse to give Charter any of my money.
Don't you have to pay $40 a month for a useless landline?
Nope.

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 am

If anyone is still looking for an apartment please let me know. I have a GORGEOUS one in Clayton that I am currently paying 800 a month for, but would be willing to sublet at a considerable discount. It is a one bedroom, one bath. Lots of light, hardwood floors It's spectacular.....I wish I could take it with me.

AndrewD

New

Post by AndrewD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 am

The syllabus and reading list is up for one of my classes.

I have to get used to the idea that 5 pages IS actually a lot of reading :lol:

Oh and laptops banned from class is a total bummer. I understand it, but I type about 1,000x faster than I can write.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”