WashU (wustl) Class of 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Carnertine

Bronze

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Post by Carnertine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Lxw wrote:
Rambiggler wrote:does anyone know what our class schedule is going to look like?

is it the same for everyone (though of course different sections)?

every day of the week? all day?

we have one less class than most law schools, right? so how does that work for our weekly schedule?
--LinkRemoved--

I don't think it's the same for everyone, as you can see from the chart. Everyone is assigned a letter (for the lecture classes) and a number (for legal writing/research). So that's 4 classes, which does appear to be 1 less than other schools.
Lxw will I be seeing you at WUSTL if I attend?

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carnertine

Bronze

Post by Carnertine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Lxw wrote:
Carnertine wrote:Lxw will I be seeing you at WUSTL if I attend?
Ja wohl
shit, I am not going now

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carnertine

Bronze

Post by Carnertine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Lxw wrote::cry:

I can fix the hole in my head caused by the gun! If you see me brains won't be splashing all over your face.
Will you wear a harley davidson bandana and a leather jacket to classes the first day?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rhit2004

New

Post by rhit2004 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 am

Lxw wrote:http://law.wustl.edu/Registrar/CourseDi ... ersion.pdf

I don't think it's the same for everyone, as you can see from the chart. Everyone is assigned a letter (for the lecture classes) and a number (for legal writing/research). So that's 4 classes, which does appear to be 1 less than other schools.
I think it seems like 1 less class because Torts/Contracts/Property/Civ.Pro./Con.Law/Crim. are all just 1 semester at WashU where a lot of schools have Civil Procedure for example meet all year twice a week opposed to 1 semester 4 days a week. At the end of 1L year you have covered all the same classes.

Also you actually have 5 classes because legal research and legal writing are seperate classes with seperate grades (plus Torts, Property, and Contracts).

RAFisher

New

Post by RAFisher » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Has anyone received their casebook for the Sonnenschein program? The email on Sunday said that we should get them soon, and mine hasn't shown up yet.

Rambiggler

New

Post by Rambiggler » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:30 pm

RAFisher wrote:Has anyone received their casebook for the Sonnenschein program? The email on Sunday said that we should get them soon, and mine hasn't shown up yet.
sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the: "Sonnenschein program"?

RAFisher

New

Post by RAFisher » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Rambiggler wrote:
RAFisher wrote:Has anyone received their casebook for the Sonnenschein program? The email on Sunday said that we should get them soon, and mine hasn't shown up yet.
It's a two week prep course that one of the local law firms is holding for a group of students. An email to incoming Wash U students was sent out in the Spring calling for applications.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

VAGATOR

New

Post by VAGATOR » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:44 pm

I got the casebooks, but I never received the email with the welcome letter and syllabus. A friend I met at ASD emailed me it to me this morning. I had no idea what was going on until he mentioned the email to me. I know of another person in the same position. I checked my junk mail folder and it wasn't in there either. I have a feeling there is going to be some disorganization on Monday. :D

Rambiggler

New

Post by Rambiggler » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:56 pm

RAFisher wrote:
Rambiggler wrote:
It's a two week prep course that one of the local law firms is holding for a group of students. An email to incoming Wash U students was sent out in the Spring calling for applications.
wow... sounds like something i wish i knew about

then again i applied late and wasn't accepted till some time in june so makes sense

do you have to pay for it or complimentary?

do you guys think it's worth trying to do something similar? any suggested reading material for a guy who's been out of school for a while and didn't major in anything that touched on the legal world (no polisci or anything)...

Thanks,

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:05 am

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Just moved into my apartment last night. :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

steindle

Bronze

Post by steindle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Looks like someone took over my lease for me on Kingsbury. I'm jealous but glad -- thanks very much to whomever it was. This board has been a great resource in so many senses.

Have fun in St. Louis this Fall, folks! Hopefully we'll meet again in Chicago!

Rambiggler

New

Post by Rambiggler » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:37 pm

steindle wrote:Looks like someone took over my lease for me on Kingsbury. I'm jealous but glad -- thanks very much to whomever it was. This board has been a great resource in so many senses.

i was scheduled to check it out this weekend... just got a call from your realtor... glad you are free of it

oh well, i still have a bunch of other places to see

how's everyone else's search going? (assuming that like me, you aren't done searching)

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Rambiggler wrote:
steindle wrote:Looks like someone took over my lease for me on Kingsbury. I'm jealous but glad -- thanks very much to whomever it was. This board has been a great resource in so many senses.

i was scheduled to check it out this weekend... just got a call from your realtor... glad you are free of it

oh well, i still have a bunch of other places to see

how's everyone else's search going? (assuming that like me, you aren't done searching)
Just drove down on Tuesday, found a place in the CWE Wednesday afternoon, and then drove back Wednesday night. Kind of sucked driving 15 hours to only stay one night, but oh well.

hellogoodbye

New

Post by hellogoodbye » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Anyone still looking for a roommate? Please PM if so! Also, see you all next month!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:31 pm

in a 13 hour span last week I saw 15 apartments and the law school. It was heinous.

does anyone know when we are going to get booklists? I was going to try to get them all on Amazon/some cheap alternative and I want to be all set before school starts.

buslaw4302

New

Post by buslaw4302 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:48 pm

I think we should find out our section assignments sometime over the next week and from that we should be able to find out about our professors/schedules/books

adroidaaron

New

Post by adroidaaron » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 am

VAGATOR wrote:
I got the casebooks, but I never received the email with the welcome letter and syllabus. A friend I met at ASD emailed me it to me this morning. I had no idea what was going on until he mentioned the email to me. I know of another person in the same position. I checked my junk mail folder and it wasn't in there either. I have a feeling there is going to be some disorganization on Monday. :D
I called to find out that I was admitted two weeks ago and I still haven't received anything in the mail yet!

Rambiggler

New

Post by Rambiggler » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:11 pm

I want to live here:

--LinkRemoved--

literally 2 blocks from the campus (and the side of the campus that the law school is on).

Would anyone be interested in a joint venture?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eleanor_Rigby

New

Post by Eleanor_Rigby » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

adroidaaron wrote:
VAGATOR wrote:
I called to find out that I was admitted two weeks ago and I still haven't received anything in the mail yet!
Try emailing them. I didn't receive my admission's pack until they "resent" it. Honestly though, there isn't anything important in it. A flashdrive (that won't work in my comp?) and two pieces of paper (one with dates that have all passed, and a congrats letter).

Congrats on your admit!

Eleanor_Rigby

New

Post by Eleanor_Rigby » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Rambiggler wrote:I want to live here:

--LinkRemoved--

literally 2 blocks from the campus (and the side of the campus that the law school is on).

Would anyone be interested in a joint venture?
You must be a guy...
1 bathroom?!?
Crazy talk.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eleanor_Rigby

New

Post by Eleanor_Rigby » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I just printed out the orientation schedule and on the 17th, 19th, and 21st it states that there are Networking Luncheons if you rsvp'd. We haven't been given the option to rsvp yet, have we?
Also, LOLz @ class on 2011 photo on Tuesday. :roll:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”