Tulane 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Aqualibrium

Gold

Re: Tulane 2012

Post by Aqualibrium » Sun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

williambrianlondon wrote:hey, guys, looking forward to having you all next year.

if you have any questions about stuff, holler at me

I think I saw you in the prop class we sat in on at the April 17th asd.

CassieRae

New

Post by CassieRae » Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Young NOLA Baybee wrote:
CassieRae wrote: im pretty sure you only need a student email address.
Still haven't gotten mine. But I haven't got my deposit in yet, so maybe that's why.
thats rough, id try to negotiate that or something. apple is really friendly. and ive only paid the $300 so far, id def try to get a couple hundred back, dude!

Young NOLA Baybee

New

Post by Young NOLA Baybee » Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 am

williambrianlondon wrote:hey, guys, looking forward to having you all next year.

How accurate a representation of a law school class was what we saw during ASD? We sat in on a Property class and I was just wondering if it was just a normal day for you guys or if they tried to make it less dry and boring because people were watching.

If that was at all representative then I'm relieved. Everyone made it sound like law school classes were some sort of grueling intellectual marathon.

CassieRae

New

Post by CassieRae » Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 am

Young NOLA Baybee wrote:

How accurate a representation of a law school class was what we saw during ASD? We sat in on a Property class and I was just wondering if it was just a normal day for you guys or if they tried to make it less dry and boring because people were watching.

If that was at all representative then I'm relieved. Everyone made it sound like law school classes were some sort of grueling intellectual marathon.
im still expecting the marathon, but i agree, i actually really enjoyed the class!

williambrianlondon

New

Post by williambrianlondon » Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 am

hombredulce wrote:

I think I saw you in the prop class we sat in on at the April 17th asd.

You probably did. I think Prof. Gordley had several batches of Admitted Students.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

williambrianlondon

New

Post by williambrianlondon » Mon May 18, 2009 8:52 am

Young NOLA Baybee wrote:

I wouldn't have called it exactly "representative," but neither is it completely atypical. Most Professors don't go over practice exams during class.

You can expect more discussions of cases and a bit more of a socratic dialogue, for the most part. But don't get nervous -- law school class isn't as bad as its reputation seems to be.

You'll feel nervous about getting called on for a few weeks, but it gets a lot better once you realize that it doesn't really matter at all. You just do the best you can.

Young NOLA Baybee

New

Post by Young NOLA Baybee » Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am

williambrianlondon wrote: You'll feel nervous about getting called on for a few weeks,
As an attention whore, I'm looking forward to this.

ck80

New

Post by ck80 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Figured I'd throw out there as a head's up... after a few years I am headed out of NOLA, and right now my apt building on Broadway has 2 empty units plus mine vacating end of this month. Landlord is a cool older guy (I believe late 70s at least) and rent (heard it went up slightly) is now (I believe) $725/mo. All are true one bed, full kitchen, laundry on-site, limited off-st parking. Walked to tulane through their campus, and just up the road a ways from the boot...

Oh yea, and shameless plug myself... if anyone is already down here/getting a place, I'd just as soon sell off my old furniture as bring it with me where I'm going...

nkrienke32

New

Post by nkrienke32 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 am

I was slowly forgetting about Tulane, enjoying my final days of college, until last weekend they again reminded me why I love them so much...got a check for $250 in the mail for ASD travel expenses which I promptly spent on liquor.

Cassie: Did I not seek you out after the bus ride and ask you to go out for a night on the town? Did you not "get sick" and stay in all night?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CassieRae

New

Post by CassieRae » Tue May 19, 2009 7:34 am

nkrienke32 wrote:I was slowly forgetting about Tulane, enjoying my final days of college, until last weekend they again reminded me why I love them so much...got a check for $250 in the mail for ASD travel expenses which I promptly spent on liquor.

Cassie: Did I not seek you out after the bus ride and ask you to go out for a night on the town? Did you not "get sick" and stay in all night?
Hahaha hey nick, you were among those who were going out and yes i did get sick, and no i didnt stay in ALL night. just definitely didnt make it till when you guys were probably just going out. but my, ive been getting a lot of crap about my previous statement about the guys who were hollarin- they were "UNDERGRAD." trust me nick, i plan to make it up to you guys, i wont let you down once we get there!

Young NOLA Baybee

New

Post by Young NOLA Baybee » Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Finally! Sweet email mercy!

Now where's this Tulane 2012 group...

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri May 29, 2009 4:26 am

anyone from the 4/17 asd get a reimbursement check yet?

rosieposie

New

Post by rosieposie » Fri May 29, 2009 12:52 pm

im out, hope someone gets more $$! best of luck to you all ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dholyghozt

New

Post by dholyghozt » Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 pm

i'm out as well gl to everyone...out of all the ASDs i went to..Tulane had the best

Russ

New

Post by Russ » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:53 am

I got in off of the waitlist on Friday, paid my deposit this morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Look out NOLA!

Crimson:Devil(Red)

New

Post by Crimson:Devil(Red) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Russ wrote:I got in off of the waitlist on Friday, paid my deposit this morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Look out NOLA!
Congratulations! Where would you have been heading if you had not gotten off of the waitlist?

Russ

New

Post by Russ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Crimson:Devil(Red) wrote:
Russ wrote:I got in off of the waitlist on Friday, paid my deposit this morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Look out NOLA!
Congratulations! Where would you have been heading if you had not gotten off of the waitlist?
I wasn't sure. I got in at a number of schools that I wasn't thrilled about attending. This just makes things easy:)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

volfan6415

New

Post by volfan6415 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Anyone planning on going to the pre orentation event at "Rock n Bowl"......

thucydides

New

Post by thucydides » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:39 pm

volfan6415 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the pre orentation event at "Rock n Bowl"......
Yep, I'll be there.

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 pm

thucydides wrote:
volfan6415 wrote:Anyone planning on going to the pre orentation event at "Rock n Bowl"......
Yep, I'll be there.

'Ello, what's all this then?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”