Pepperdine 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
OutofBako

New

Re: Pepperdine 2012

Post by OutofBako » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 am

Ythunder wrote:I have found an *amazing* house! Now I just need 5 house mates... Message me if you're interested =)
That sounds really awesome! Where is it? (Not that I can be a roomie, but still curious!)

Rachyk

New

Post by Rachyk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 pm

I also have a small dog and am looking for a place that accepts dogs. Has anybody had any luck or have any suggestions?

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:55 pm

I just paid my seat deposit today. I'm about 50-50 I'll end up there in the Fall. I haven't been able to visit yet, but I hope to do so soon!

hotshotdre

New

Post by hotshotdre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 pm

How long do you think it will take to find out a decision from Pepperdine if a decision was mailed out today? I am in Florida. Thanks!

byu85

New

Post by byu85 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:05 pm

hotshotdre wrote:How long do you think it will take to find out a decision from Pepperdine if a decision was mailed out today? I am in Florida. Thanks!
2-3 days max, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hotshotdre

New

Post by hotshotdre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:06 pm

byu85 wrote:
hotshotdre wrote:How long do you think it will take to find out a decision from Pepperdine if a decision was mailed out today? I am in Florida. Thanks!
2-3 days max, good luck!
Thanks! Crossing my fingers! :)

hotshotdre

New

Post by hotshotdre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:09 pm

I saw someone on LSN said they knew that they got in because of logging on to wavenet. How do you log on to wavenet? Do they send you an email about it or something?

Ythunder

New

Post by Ythunder » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Here's some info to help you get your off-campus housing search started:

Email Colleen Sackinger at Pepperdine -she is great. Ask her for the Roommate Referral Sheet and housing info packet. The Sheet has just been started and will be distributed once more people are on it. The packet contains info re real estate firms and near by complexes.

Best of luck to you all!

jibstir13

New

Post by jibstir13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Paid the deposit last night...

logged into wavenet...clicked on the pay deposit link...then i entered 300.00 in the box and filled out pertinent info and clicked submit...

Is that it?..I got a receipt via e-mail...all it says is that i paid $300...doesn't say what it's for.

Can someone please confirm if i did this right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:49 pm

jibstir13 wrote:Paid the deposit last night...

logged into wavenet...clicked on the pay deposit link...then i entered 300.00 in the box and filled out pertinent info and clicked submit...

Is that it?..I got a receipt via e-mail...all it says is that i paid $300...doesn't say what it's for.

That's what I did too, but not really sure if there's anything else to do. They cashed my e-check today, so it went through. I e-mailed Colleen Sackinger to ask if there's anything else I need to do but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

masondixon

New

Post by masondixon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm

have y'all applied for the on campus housing yet? i filled out the form but there wasnt really any confirmation email or anything to prove that i had applied. i think ill have to email them to make sure im in the system.

rainethe

New

Post by rainethe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm

That's what I did. I emailed Colleen this morning and she confirmed that they had received my deposit. When I log onto WaveNet now, my applicant status says something like "Intent to Enroll Received".....

They really should send out an email thanking you for your deposit (I must admit that I've double deposited and the other school did this). It's a bit confusing with no definite confirmation!
Last edited by rainethe on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OutofBako

New

Post by OutofBako » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm

rainethe wrote:

That's what I did. I emailed Colleen this morning and she confirmed that they had received my deposit. When I log onto WaveNet now, my applicant status says something like "Intent to Enroll Received".....

They really should send out an email thanking your for your deposit (I must admit that I've double deposited and the other school did this). It's a bit confusing with no definite confirmation!
I called after I made my deposit because I was concerned about this. The lady said I'd done it right and not to worry. I think a few days later a new "student" tab appeared in my wavenet account along with an email account, which I assume means it went through.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 am

OutofBako wrote:
rainethe wrote:

They really should send out an email thanking your for your deposit (I must admit that I've double deposited and the other school did this). It's a bit confusing with no definite confirmation!
I called after I made my deposit because I was concerned about this. The lady said I'd done it right and not to worry. I think a few days later a new "student" tab appeared in my wavenet account along with an email account, which I assume means it went through.

+1 with the student tab appearing several days later

masondixon

New

Post by masondixon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:32 pm

CamilleElise wrote:
OutofBako wrote:
rainethe wrote:

+1 with the student tab appearing several days later
mine appeared the next day. they must love me the most. ;) slash i feel so official with pepperdine.edu email. lets go waves?

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 pm

I got an e-mail from Shannon Phillips a few minutes ago confirming the seat deposit. So for those who were still wondering, it looks like we did it correctly.

CamilleElise

New

Post by CamilleElise » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:49 pm

sapereaude2012 wrote:I got an e-mail from Shannon Phillips a few minutes ago confirming the seat deposit. So for those who were still wondering, it looks like we did it correctly.
+1, even though i made my deposit back in mid-march....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

snowboardkrazy

New

Post by snowboardkrazy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 pm

masondixon wrote:have y'all applied for the on campus housing yet? i filled out the form but there wasnt really any confirmation email or anything to prove that i had applied. i think ill have to email them to make sure im in the system.
yeah, i applied for on campus housing too and was worried when i didnt hear anything. i just called the office of residence life and just asked them to check on my housing app and they confirmed they got it and it was being processed

CaliHawaiiSmile

New

Post by CaliHawaiiSmile » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Pepperdine here I come. Glad to be entering into the most beautiful school in the states with you all.

masondixon

New

Post by masondixon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:08 pm

in case y'all haven't heard, pepperdine law jumped 4 spots in the rankings to #55 for 2010. congrats!

OutofBako

New

Post by OutofBako » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 pm

masondixon wrote:in case y'all haven't heard, pepperdine law jumped 4 spots in the rankings to #55 for 2010. congrats!
I saw that in the other (massive) thread! Yay!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lrd

New

Post by lrd » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:43 pm

snowboardkrazy wrote:
masondixon wrote:have y'all applied for the on campus housing yet? i filled out the form but there wasnt really any confirmation email or anything to prove that i had applied. i think ill have to email them to make sure im in the system.
yeah, i applied for on campus housing too and was worried when i didnt hear anything. i just called the office of residence life and just asked them to check on my housing app and they confirmed they got it and it was being processed
Being 5 years out of college, there's no way I can live in campus housing... Something tells me I'll want a beer after a long day of class and the campus is dry (assuming you follow their rules).

masondixon

New

Post by masondixon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 pm

lrd wrote:
snowboardkrazy wrote:
Being 5 years out of college, there's no way I can live in campus housing... Something tells me I'll want a beer after a long day of class and the campus is dry (assuming you follow their rules).
I agree. But...i think living on campus provides much more social opportunity (at least for the first year). I wonder how strongly they enforce that rule.

drearoda

New

Post by drearoda » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Last edited by drearoda on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainethe

New

Post by rainethe » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

masondixon wrote: I agree. But...i think living on campus provides much more social opportunity (at least for the first year). I wonder how strongly they enforce that rule.
I heard it really depends on your RA. Also, I believe there's a rule that there can be no overnight guests of the opposite sex if you're living in campus housing.
lrd wrote: Being 5 years out of college, there's no way I can live in campus housing... Something tells me I'll want a beer after a long day of class and the campus is dry (assuming you follow their rules).
This is my problem as well. Not so much the alcohol per se, but I'm very reluctant to go back to a dorm-like living situation. However, like mason dixon mentioned, I am a bit afraid that I won't meet as many people living off-campus. So I'm trying to strike a happy medium and find a few 1Ls to live with off-campus.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”